Collection for our Service men and women

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

<u>FROM THE FATHER OF A SERVING SOLDIER</u>

My lad is serving in the Royal Marines Commandos in 40 Troop in the Helmand province of Afghanistan. They are having a proper bad time over there of late, despite what you may hear on the news in the UK. In fact we don't get to hear a fraction of what is going on.

Now that Xmas is upon us it's the time of giving and I'm looking to start a collection for our servicemen and women in Afghanistan.

The winter over there is upon them, with the worst cold temperatures to come yet and it gets proper cold over there. What I would like to do is try and collect as many fishing woolly hats and gloves for the boys and girls over the and get them sent out for mid/end Jan 08 so if anyone can help to keep our boys/girls a bit warmer this winter, drop me a pm and I'll send you my address to send them to.

Please don't send any unwashed used ones though.

Joss Faulkner
Managing Director
Workforce Training & Development Ltd
E-Mail: Joss@wtd.org.uk
Office: 01788 822836
Mobile: 07793538420

F

Frothey

I know Joss, and 40 Commando are from my neck of the woods. The guys from Chivenor (which is the other side of the estuary from me) and some ofthe local TA are out there as well. Small things can make such a difference to them out there - if anyone can send anything at all (especially Haribo's!) it will all be well appreciated.

Godspeed lads.

Deanos

Reaction score
This has to be a big yes from the brilliant people who make up FM.

I will be up town first thing and get a load of stuff for the boys and girls.

Thank YOU for the giving me the opportunity to do something even a little positive.

My regards and respects, Deanos.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

All enquiries to the contact details below please (only I'm getting emails asking about different things and I don't have the answers). Thanks:

Joss Faulkner
Managing Director
Workforce Training & Development Ltd
E-Mail: Joss@wtd.org.uk
Office: 01788 822836
Mobile: 07793538420

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I have a couple of pairs of thermal gloves unused....these will be going.

The lads in all regiments have to buy themselves a lot of kit if they are to give themselves a decent chance of staying switched on.....our Government is a a f*&%ng joke when it comes to looking after our troops.

Whilst the lads are in the field any kit lost can be hell to replace.....little things like gloves and hats cost very little......even thermal ones.

Whatever your political views these are our lads, send em something?

joss faulkner

Reaction score
hi guys, thank you so much for putting up my appeal on your website.

I have had a good response from

Bang on Baits

Osprey Angling Devlopments

Crystal Waters Fishery

Baitcraft

also from some individuals.

Please do not send and cheques or monies, i'm not allowed to receive that, but maybe an un worn ESP hat or whatever, just too keep the guys warm. its very very cold over there now.

I do understand Xmas is here, but dont worry, i wont be sending the gear out until mid/end Jan 08 anyway

I spoke to my Lad Oli, via Facebook this morning and he and his troop are VERY touched by your kind donations.

Thankyou..we can make a diference

Joss Faulkner..

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

So who is going to pledge a hat,gloves or a pair of socks?

I pledge at least one of each.

S

Sean Meeghan

I'm sending one and enclosing a little message from 42 Commando!

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Nice one mate....just come back from town....thinsulate hats and gloves are dirt cheap now.

joss faulkner

Reaction score
Thankyou....thankyou you all for not only reading but for donating whatever you can....and a massive thanks to this forum and Frothey for helping me and our boys out.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I was married to a service man for 20 yrs, so I know excatly what they have to put up with.

I agree with you yam yam the goverment should be ashamed of themselves.

Concider it done!!....will pop to the shop tomorrow.

joss faulkner

Reaction score
i have just read a message from Oli on facebook..the boys are realy touched and very gratefull for your support.....expect a nice letter from 40 Troop.

They are currently up in the hills, clearing small Taliban compounds...some stories i cant and possibly shouldnt report back on an open forum....but the Taliban are getting a bit of a serious beating at the moment...

Your support is touching.....Marines words, as well as mine

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
I'll send some things.

I'm just amazed that it is needed, I though our government/ army were looking after our boy's.

It is like the school appeals when they ask for paper and things.

What is going on ?

Send Blair's boy out there !

joss faulkner

Reaction score
Jeff,

i've been more amazed then anyone, with the lack of equipment supplied to our boys....even down to the basic equipment....i was amazed that a UK based manufacturing company make, selland supply the US forces with a much higher grade of bullet proof armour than our boys get from our very own goverment....and then the yanks are selling it to our boys.......cause ours arent so good..

there are loads of little things i could say, but for obvious reason i cant...but no one has sent out wooly hats, socks, gloves etc for our boys yet...so lets be the first...they do get lots of Chocolate, toiletries form pple and compaines in the Uk....but as a fisherman myself, i thought i try and get support for keeping our boys a bit warmer.... the Taliban slow down a bit for the winter, as they only have their beards to keep them warm....our boys need our help...and if the goverment wont...well....the best we can do is try...rightly or wrongly

joss faulkner

Reaction score
Poacherbaits are actually getting Beanie hats made especially for our boys...Top result.