Good News Lads

Sapper 069

Reaction score
For those who remember (cakey) I recently had a carp fishing trip where not only did my new Bivvy leak like a sieve but my new Optonics also gave up. After talking on here I did take it up with the supplers. FISHING REPUBLIC.

I reported it to the Sunderland office who in turn informed the director of the company. The same day I had a reply stating he was shocked as 100s of the same kits had been supplied throughout Britain without any come back , HOWEVER, he promised me to replace the optonics and upgrade my BIVVY. Low and behold the next day all my new kit arrived.

For any new boys (like myself) out there, I would strongly recommend Fishing Republic , the guy said to me "our motto is- Once a Fishing Republic customer , always a Fishing Republic customer" well they have won me over with a quite superb service.

Deanos

Reaction score
That's really good to hear sapper.

I have all but given up with buying kit off the Internet, just shoddy service, and nil customer relations. I have to say that on a plus that "TFG" have always been brilliant in all respects, the others....very very poor!

The last conversation I had went like this "just giving you a call to see if my order from ten days ago has been dispatched" "na...rods not in stock" but you confirmed by email before I gave you the order" "did we?...must have been a mistake" "well when does the rod come into stock" "middle of January".

It would have been nice not to be misled from the start, or to have at least been informed of the situation.

If I ran my own business like many online companies, I would be ashamed.

Sapper 069

Reaction score
Deano , never dealt with them on line , When I bought Total Fishing Mag , TFR mag was inside , I phoned the 1st Number , Barnsley , They said sorry , rods out off stock , but Sunderland have the complete kit. So I rang them on saturday , all the kit was delivered to me on tuesday

Cant get better than that.

Deanos

Reaction score
Most excellent!

There are some good businesses about, and people on this site go from the recommendations (or otherwise...see a previous thread!) its nice to be able to give a bit of positive feedback to the good guys.

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

I give TFG a thumbs up on the quality and delivery front too....

especially pleased with the heavy duty long sleeved fleece underwear ! The colder weather version really works, especially with a layer of the more ordinary cold weather underneath....