Fishing in 2008

S

Stevie 12345

This year I have decided to up my game, Im getting organised early so im going to...

Get my rigs and tackle in order ready for next year.

Ive decided to fish the matches again after about 10 years

Im going to go after my first 'twenty' with regard to Carp fishing

Im going to go fishing regularly this year

Going to join a fishing club and have laugh

What is everyone else doing this year

steveo

Reaction score
Well Steve considering this year has been a load of dog's egg's in life and fishing.

I am gonna get my farcical existence back on track and then get my hooks into some big fat Carp and maybe if i got time some Big Cats.

This year I managed to make Carp fishing look impossible and I know it isnt.

I racked up monumentous strings of blanks wherever I fished and when I caught a Carp I wasnt qute sure why and then carried on with my blanking.

It's got so bad that usually I look forward to winter Carping.This winter I jus have no confidence,enthusiasm or will to go,so Ive hung the rod's up for a bit.

2008 is gonna be a mega year an Im gonna get some whackers and I hope you all do to

Merry Xmas Steveo

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I've also decided to step it up Stevie, I've got to do it know before I get too old.

From January until March it's roach and pike. I've got a plan and I am gonna get my 2lb roach, if I get my 20lb pike that will be a bonus.

I will also catch my first ever river carp when the season re-opens and the chances are it will be a monster.

Autumn will see me trying to catch a clonking barbel.

I don't like setting targets, but in the new year I will be fishing toa plan. It will all happen on my river, I've realised I don't need to travel millions of miles when it is right under my nose.

Merry Christmas Guys, I hope all your angling dreams come true next year.

Steve Handley

Reaction score
What's this, the Steve only thread!

My ambition has to be to catch a 6lb Tench, not caught one in over 30 years of fishing. Doh!

Hmmm..... I thinka Spring trip to Sywell might be on the cards. Not been there before, but the average size of the fish in this water would suggest it to be my best bet.

Just hope the circus is'nt in town when I go/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Steve

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

a 6lb chub would be nice , but just to go fishing for another years suits me .Have a great time all doing what you love doing the best.(fishing)

steveo

Reaction score
Steve Handley,if you live within a sensible travelling distance of the Cotswold water park,I suggest you Get a Cernet Ticket and fish Ham Pool.This water has many Tench over 6lb.Also Bradleys Lake had Loads of Big Tinca's in the 6lb-9lb braket and 100lb catches are not unusuall,Ive done it a couple of times whilst Carp fishing,I will add that this was before it was stocked with a lot of Carp.

Also all of the Linear waters have big Tench if you can stick the crowds

Steve Handley

Reaction score
Steveo,

Thanks for that info, I've just had a look at the Water Park on Google Earth. Nice looking complex and one that will go down on my list of waters to try in the future. That has to be another ambition for 2008, to try out more new waters.

Just have to say, anyone who is planning to try out a new water or wants to see some excellent aerial shots of their local waters, have a look on Google Earth, well worth downloading and it's free.

Steve Holland

Reaction score
After making angling look more like bungling this year, hopefully I can do better. Not normally one to make aims (coz I usually fall flat on me mush when I do!) I will try to get out more than once or twice a month now ther lad is abit older and going to make it my mission to actually get to Sywell, missed this year as the weather went tits up! Apart from that I just want to enjoy my angling and I aint even gonna mention chub!!!!!!!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
If 2008 is half as good as 2007, then I'll be well pleased!

I'd like to think I can put in a bit more time chasing barbel and roach. Maybe before the season ends I can find those roach but I'll wait for the warmer months before going for the barbel again.

I've enjoyed the FM fish-ins tremendously and I've also got to fish other venueswith people I've met via FM. That I hope will continuein the new year as it's opened my eyes to far more variation in my fishing than ever before.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you all.

R

Robert Woods (ACA)

Simple for me...catch a 10lb+ barbel and get rid of unused tackle.

B

Bill Cox

Buy a lockable steel shed for my tackle, already picked one out i like. Maybesee the corners of my rooms again.

Actually going would be a big improvement on 2007. Changed jobs now so hopeful on this one.

Not allow myself to get so wound up over the pc madness presently infecting the country.

Rickrod

Reaction score
up my pike pb and do some carp fishing ...bill theres no escape

steveo

Reaction score
Bill...PC MADNESS....mnaybee thats what happened to me when I punched my computer after throwing my toys out of the pram.All this because I could upload my photos,now I got a buggered dvd burner and a wonky keypad....Computers......Its a love hate thing..

cheers