Fox Adjusta Level Chair - ITS BACK!

bigchub

Reaction score
Was on Facebook the other night and saw that Fox are bringing out a new version of the adjusta level chair. The original was a very popular chair and I'm sure this version will sell by the bucket load. Should be released by the end of June and will have a rrp of £59.99 although I sure you will be able to pick one up cheaper if you look around.

540207_362196943837893_109008095823447_979358_1866847613_n.jpg

barbelboi

Reaction score
Great news, mine died a few years ago and if the odd old one pops up on fleabay it usually goes for £40-50 with postage. The new one looks a bit more padded and, although I've got a really good lightweight for roaming, I'll definitely give it an inspection at my local t/s.
Jerry

PS Looks like there are two different models with one being more padded?
Fox Adjusta Level Chair – Chapmans Angling
FOX ADJUSTA PLUS LEVEL CHAIR

bigchub

Reaction score
Great news, mine died a few years ago and if the odd old one pops up on fleabay it usually goes for £40-50 with postage. The new one looks a bit more padded and, although I've got a really good lightweight for roaming, I'll definitely give it an inspection at my local t/s.
Jerry

PS Looks like there are two different models with one being more padded?
Fox Adjusta Level Chair – Chapmans Angling
FOX ADJUSTA PLUS LEVEL CHAIR

The chair in the second link is the old version. Avenue Angling's website hasn't been updated since 2007! I'm a regular customer of theirs and they will be getting some in stock.

barbelboi

Reaction score
The chair in the second link is the old version. Avenue Angling's website hasn't been updated since 2007! I'm a regular customer of theirs and they will be getting some in stock.

Cheers, the old sort I was used to with a lot less padding.
Jerry

Paul Morley

Reaction score
And how is yours bearing up, Mr Chub? Still the big flapping frame opening when you're trying to carry it???

bigchub

Reaction score
And how is yours bearing up, Mr Chub? Still the big flapping frame opening when you're trying to carry it???

Its still going great thanks Paul. So comfy I've fallen asleep in it on more than one occasion when fishing! No problems with the frame opening when I carry it as I just wrap a bungee rope around it and then strap it to my backpack.

smallbreamboy

Reaction score
Both the back and seat on mine ripped after alot of use, but thankfully had replacements made by Army Andy.

Mine is the one with the proper adjustable legs.

bigchub

Reaction score
Mine is the one with the proper adjustable legs.

Thought they all had adjustable legs hence why its called the adjusta level chair? :confused: I know there were three versions of the original and they all had different coloured frames depending on the time of the production batch (gunmetal, gold and green) and the canvas was vastly improved on the mk3 version (green frame).

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I have just bought the lightweight Korum chair - excellent at around the same price but looks much more robust , I have got through quite a lot of other chairs in the past.

Philip

Reaction score
Didnt the original cost 29.99.

100% price increase. Good luck Fox.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks ok but imo massively over priced, it makes an expensive centrepin look very cheap ! I looks heavy, bulky and as though it would be alkward to carry, especially if walking any distance.
I'm pretty sure I won't be investing in one.

benny samways

Reaction score
Read the review, it says it comes with a carry strap and a strap to keep the legs together.

How many times when fishing a river do you actually have your 4 legs adjusted to different levels? I cant think of a time Ive had to.

Looks a good light chair and the main thing is it will let you put the back legs up for steep banks.

bigchub

Reaction score
The previous Fox Adjusta Level chair I had lasted me 15 years+ until I lost the back off it. I'm in no doubt it would have lasted another 15 years as well. Fox may be expensive but their gear is made to last.
£59.99 for the new one may seem a lot but over the years you have it will more than pay for itself.

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
The Fox Adjusta Level chair, almost an exact 'lift' of the one produced by the Birmingham Aluminum Company, marketed by Terry Eustace, under some incomprehensible name some 30 years earlier - and not nearly as good.

A little 'gardening' with a stout bankstick could usually put the L & R legs on the level.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I'm 6 foot 5 and 17 stone , my Kids are considerably bigger than I am , we have been through so many of these tubular framed chairs , the cheapo cheapo one I bought last nearly took both my thumbs off when it collapsed on me, we all went out and bought Korum Chairs and no problems since.

I got the lightweight one with legs adjustable independently , it folds up with the legs on although you have to unscrew the back ones to do that and it can hold all the attachments , at under 5 kg I can also carry it comfortably when I am cycling. No contest for me.