Tinternet!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Besides looking for venues and such on the web do any of you chaps search for other fishing related stuff on the internet?
I myself am really hooked (no pun intended) on wiki- pedia and love to read up on the history and origins of rivers and find it absolutely fascinating (I am still looking for articles on the building of the Trent weirs though!) also the stuff I have learnt about canals is amazing (yes, I sound a little sad!) I also find Google earth superb for checking out fishing access and such as it is sometimes quicker than using a map.

BarryC

Reaction score
Whats the difference between google earth and google maps and is it that much better.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Whats the difference between google earth and google maps and is it that much better.

Google earth is a satellite based program that lets you use real space satellite photos! All you have to do is type in the area you want to look at and it zooms in right to it (ie: bolton) you can Have some real fun showing the kids/wife/ girlfriend where your house is!
Go on give it a try, its free!
PS: if you click on the spots as you zoom in photos appear that the general public have uploaded which is quite interesting too.

Let us know what you think.

terry m

Reaction score
The aerial view of big pits on Google Earth are superb. Very often you can distinguish gravel bars and shallower area by the colour of the water and in ten minutes you can determine more on a new water than ten hours with a plummet or a marker float.

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Only thing to beware of sometimes is that the google satellite stuff can be a few years out of date. I use it to check out venues and parking too - you can virtually drive around looking for options of where to park.

robthomo

Reaction score
The history function on google earth can be interesting, you can sometimes see a water at different stages of digging, weed growth, water level etc

But in general it's hard to live without the net now isn't it? Right from the basic weather forcast up, I'm always checking dawn times, dead handy for an early start, since the start of forums we've got unlimited information available to us, it's caught a lot of fish for people.