raisins

owlsmadangler

Reaction score
hi fellas ,ive just read anarticle on raisins ,has any body elseused them successfully,how do you rate them,how much do you feed, best flavours to useif any,im interested in trying them

mike Gibson

Reaction score
I'm fond of nuts and raisins as a snack anf often take a bag or two with them. Fished a local commercial last summer and outof curiosity tried a raisin on the hook. Had a around 10 pastie carp until my supply ran out.

I have used them with some success since, catching tench and a few bream as well as as small carp. They seem to work best on thecommrcials where there is less natural food and thefish become accustomed to a wide variety of baits. I've tried them on rivers and estate lakes and not had a touch.

You could soak them in water and add some flavouring I suppose, but I've never tried.

Risque Manoofus

Reaction score
My results for what they are worth.

I tried them a couple of times during the late summer/autumn this year and although yes I caught on them they certainly didnt take the water apart and my mates battered me on the pellet on both occasions which isnt the norm.

My conclusion was that yes fish take them but nothing to write home about.

owlsmadangler

Reaction score
ok fellas fair comments.Thanks as always for your replys ,hope the big man in the red suit was generous to you today.O.M.A

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
I was once tipped off about raisons, soaked in rum for crucians.

Never caught a thing on them but ended up eating them myself with the remainder of the rum....

S

Steph McKenzie

As the Currant topic are Raisins i thought it was a good idea to tell you that as a bait they are Grape. /forum/smilies/sarcastic_smiley.gif

Risque Manoofus

Reaction score
This topic has been Raisin the roof for sometime now Steph.

I even "Spotted ****" having a read of it and he deduced raisins would be a good bait for someone with limited currantsy.

T

teecee

They may well be a better bet if soaked in water/flavour overnight as this will swell them to roughly twice the dried size(you would know this if you made cakes).......however they well be too soft for the hook but two/three on a No8 hook could work with an under-arm cast?

Perhaps they could be injected with a flavour once swollen......worth a try but I would just take this bait for a whole day(after pre-baiting for a few visits)and give it a real try on float and ledger......

May well dry out under the currant bun though!!