Fishing Tuition

S

Steph McKenzie

Good Morning Everyone,

Hope you all had a wonderful Xmas, as like me you probably ate to much and drank to much, but hey ho.

Fishing Tuition, I live in Biddulph, Staffordshire, I am look for some tuition in Waggler and Feeder fishing, i have contacted a few well known anglers around this area but when they are asking from £30 - £50 an hour it is way out of my price range.

Anyone got any advise or know of anyone who would be willing to assist me, i expect to pay for the tuition but i ain't willing to mortgage my house (i might throw the wife in for free though) lol.

Thank You & Regards

Steph.

twitch

Reaction score
Steph have a look at the articals on this site "First Class Fishing" then go out and try what you've read. Doing it is the only way to learn, or so the wife say's

S

Steph McKenzie

Hi Twitch,

Ok i will go have a wee ganders.

Thanks

Steph.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Good luck Steph, if I lived closer I'd help, unless you can make the trip to Bristol?

Like Twitch said, check out the articles and stuff on FM, they are absolutely brilliant and written by experts.

All the best.

Steve.

brewery boy

Reaction score
Hello Steph, Read, Read and READ Read as much as you can starting with FM (its brilliant). Then go to your local EASY water and practice. But the best way to learn is have a walk round your local water and watch others fish!, Allways ask if it is OK to watch!, Allways approach quietly and keeping a low profile ( don't skyline)Ask QUIETLY keep you voice down.

Give the angler respect and he will tell you his life story a bit of tact never go's amissIve been fishing for over 40 years and i still read as much as i can and ask as much as i can.

Happy new year,,,,,BB

S

Steph McKenzie

Hi Steve & BB,

Thank you for the advise, look, listen & learn seems the order of the day.

I will just have to learn patience and perserverance.

Once again thank you to everyone for all there help and support.

Happy New Year. /forum/smilies/party_smiley.gif

Kind Regards

Steph

W

Wolfman Woody

If you want a little personal tuition, you could do no better than get in touch with our esteemed editor, Mr Granville Marsbar (a.k.a. Graham Marsden). Champion snotty snaffler, mammoth carp catcher, king of the Clattercote matches, and well deserved good egg.

He lives in your area and if nothing else would be able to put you onto some cracking venues.

Email him with graham@fishingmagic.com

His usual rate of pay for guiding is in the form of meat pies or bacon butties with HP sauce with lashings of latte coffee with three added creams (he would have six creams, but he's on a diet now).

(You will forgive me not noticign these posts before, but I'm getting over a bad cold and I'm a bit hard of hearing at the moment)

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

B

Bill Cox

Your sitting at the greatest resource ever likely to be at your disposal every time you log on to FM. The archives will tell you all you need and if you do need to you can speak to some top rods on here. Ask clear and distinct questions and you will be overwhelmed by a sea of expertise/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Waveney One

Reaction score
Also have a look on the following websites. Whilst the experts will charge a lot of money for a session the coaches on these sites are people who have coaching certificates for angling and charge a lot less because they are less well known. Doesn't mean that they are any worse as anglers and definitely means they are better qualified as coaches. I'd like to teach you myself, but I am too far away.Fischcoach.org

All Things Piscatorial | Your One Stop Coaching Site

S

Steph McKenzie

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for an excellent response, that alone helps with the confidence knowing that people are willing to help anglers like myself to gain experience.

Happy New Year to each and every one of you.

Steph.