Sunny Holiday

I

Iain Wishart

Been sat looking out of the window this afternoon....thinking about a holiday to a warmer climate... say Feb/Mar.....preferably guaranteed sun and plenty of fish....with cold beer and good food.....not fussed about size of fish.

At the moment.....carping in the canaries or southern spain....nile perch in egypt sound good.....any feedback or ideas???

gerry h

Reaction score
southern spain is good ,but dont expect any monsters like france

georgehooks

Reaction score
I would recommend you Gran Canaria or any of the Canary Islands, since their weather is known to be an 'eternal Spring'...
Gran Canaria is known for the year-round sunshine, the beaches like those from Güigüi, the famous dunes of Maspalomas or Playa del Inglés and its mild temperatures. It's a hotspot for surfing and scuba diving. In the interior you'll find amazing landscapes which are ideal for hiking, cycle touring or rock climbing.

Fishing in Gran Canaria is synonymous with relaxation and great action at the same time. The island offers spectacular fishing conditions that are only a three hour flight away. Like all the islands in the Canary archipelago, fishing in Gran Canaria is characterised by the existence of sedentary species and migrating fish.

bleak

Reaction score
I would recommend you Gran Canaria or any of the Canary Islands, since their weather is known to be an 'eternal Spring'...
Gran Canaria is known for the year-round sunshine, the beaches like those from Güigüi, the famous dunes of Maspalomas or Playa del Inglés and its mild temperatures. It's a hotspot for surfing and scuba diving. In the interior you'll find amazing landscapes which are ideal for hiking, cycle touring or rock climbing.

Fishing in Gran Canaria is synonymous with relaxation and great action at the same time. The island offers spectacular fishing conditions that are only a three hour flight away. Like all the islands in the Canary archipelago, fishing in Gran Canaria is characterised by the existence of sedentary species and migrating fish.

Do you think Mr Wishart has made his mind up about where to go on holiday yet? as the post is 13years old..??????

theartist

Reaction score
Do you think Mr Wishart has made his mind up about where to go on holiday yet? as the post is 13years old..������

Don't you just love the old ghost post, here's hoping he's still dreaming of wetting a line in warmer climes, with global warming though I'm guessing he's gone up the Trent or Thames somewhere :D