Mobile Phones

• Thread starter Peter Jacobs (ACA, SAA, CA)
  • Start date
P

Peter Jacobs (ACA, SAA, CA)

I keep 2 mobile phones, one for business and the other for personal use.

My personal phone has just 'eaten' all of my Contact numbers during the frustrating process of trying to transfer them from the old phone to the new one (i-Phone)

I have tried recovering the numbers via the SIM Card functions, but all is apparently lost!

So, anyone who had previously given me their mobile or home numbers could you please e-mail them to me again, and I'll reply with my new number.

Cheers.

(damnstupidsillyphonesdon'tknowwhywebotherwiththem!)

W

Wolfman Woody

Peter,

You’re getting as bad as this government at losing information.

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
If "strange men" start ringing my auntie Kathleen up with lewd messages because you have lost her number, and say things like "I know what coloured belly grabbers you are wearing"....she will be very upset Peter I can tell you!

P

Jeff S, in a word . . . No.

I have found this new phone to be paticularly difficult to learn to operate unlike others I have had over the years.

Jeff W,

No one can be as bad as them even if only half of what we are reading is accurate.

R

Richard Drayson

Oh Peter...I do sympathise!

I also seem to struggle with making some of the modern technology work properly. I now try (purposefully) not to change, disconnect, re-install, renew etc anything that contains a microchip processor unless it is absolutely necessary.

Don't get me wrong, modern technology is fantastic (MS Vista excepted)but it is even better when it works!

PS. How is Hale?

Swingtip

Reaction score
why do you need a bloody mobile phone togo fishing with anyway. i willonly carry mine for safety in case i slipthought or can't plcate the local hoody thoughtwe were trying to get away from all that garbage. as you can see christmas over eating is beginning tgive me the hump. andthe bloody kids are driving me crackers....first dose of bait about to get skinned i think. sorry i bought theboy a laptop. haven't had five minutes peace on the net since he decided to go wireless. i can see £600 taking a flyer out of the kitchen window in a minute if he's not carefull.

P

Richard,

Nice to see you back on FM my friend.

Couldn't agree more on the Vista thing, but maybe we are all getting a little long in the tooth to understand all this new technology stuff.

The Hale has been a little quiet (nothing new there) but the river is fining down nicely at the moment.

Swingtip,

I always switch my phone off when I am fishing and ask those around me to d othe same if the damn things ring.

I sympathise regarding the wireless network, I have my two step-children here this week, each with their laptops, and the little green lights on the router thingie have not stopped blinking ever since they got here.

Swingtip

Reaction score
don't mind with step children you're supposed to be a nasty dtepdad so the occassional side swipe in the ear puts you back into place in the world give um 1 for me my friend. i believe all children should be suffacated at birth and the 7 that are here at the moment are coming dangerourly close to medoing brd for one of em. horrible little bleeders. my grandchildren are so different must be all that welsh ounteyside they live in. can'twait to take them up on the offers of very extended holidays with them next summerthey live in a very nice part of carmarthen.lots of old quarries and lakesme and the other grandad will be fishing quite a bit before we leave to late to do all the things we said we 'd dohe's about 73 now and still grafting as a builder. ell done ernie.