what bank sticks

Reaction score
thinking of having a go at carping this year , never tried b4 but im gonna try . ive purchased some tackle rods reels including alarms and buzz bars but now i want bank sticks to suit , ive been looking at the fox cam locks , are these good and at what length would you good folk recommend

S

Steph McKenzie

Hi Harry,

I've never used the Fox Cam Lock Bank sticks, so sorry i can't comment on them.

I used to use Nash Bank sticks, The front ones that the alarms went onto i used 12 inch bank sticks and for the rear ones i used 16 inch bank sticks. Both sets of Bank sticks were extend-able so they do come up quite high if you need a little extra height.

Gardner and Solar also make excellent bank sticks but you will pay extra for them.

Regards

Steph.

R

Roto Fryer 1

stainless with basic screw locks will last your lifetime. forget the rest

Paul B

Reaction score
I've got the fox banksticks with the powerpoint in 20", also use the longer ones as storm poles on my reflex brolly and can't fault them. They're light, strong and screw in easily; the little tommy bars bend easily though as they're alloy!

Cider Bob (GBs)

Reaction score
Avoid JRC stainless. Nice price,sh*t quality.

Only two out of the four I bought in the summer are now usable. As soon as they go Ill be getting some Matrix.

F

Frothey

still using the green nash auger point jobs after something like 5 years...... flirted with matrix this year - great quality and inestructible but expensive andweigh a ton! good thing is you can sell them for pretty much what you pay for them on flea bay!

wayne brooks

Reaction score
got the solar stuff on my big pit set up and they are bullet proof. when i'm on the river though i use the fox power point cos they are light and i tend to move around a bit.get a range of bankstick cos you never know what sort of bank you'll be fishing

firetiger

Reaction score
i dont rate matrix at all.

there bankstick stabalizer dosen't even have a stainless steel prong, mine diden't anyway. gave it one little tap and it fell apart.

rubbish

Reaction score
i got the fox powerpoint euro bank sticks look a decent bit of kit , time will tell . also considering a set of longer solar sticks because the advice of having a selection sounded bang on , thanks for all your advice folks ,

Harry

NowI start looking at rigs and bait , prey for me /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif