Fred J. Taylor MBE

P

Peter Jacobs (ACA, SAA, CA)

The best news I have read for a very long time.

Congratulations!

J

John McLaren

I couldn't agree more - one of the angling writers who got me started, congratulations Fred.

L

Lee Fletcher 1

Dear Fred,

In case you are reading this;

I can't think of one single force that inspired me more to either fish, shoot or hunt. Your regular piece in the Shooting Times as "Countryman" inspired millions to get out and enjoy the countryside for what it is. The miles and miles you have written over a long and distinguished career in angling also inspired millions to pick up a fishing rod for the first time, and continue to fish in the respect and spirit you portray perfectly about our wonderful sport.

You are a true angling, countryman legend Fred. Hearty congratulations Fred at receiving this accolade.

Regards,

Lee.

W

Wolfman Woody

Found it in the London Gazette

-"Dr. Peter Howard Lovel Tate. For services to General
Medical Practice.
<u>Frederick James Taylor. For services to Angling.</u>
Rodney George Gordon Taylor, Managing Director,
Seaward Electronic Ltd and Chair, Aspire Campaign.
For services to Business in the North East."

Sandwiched in there, but well done Fred J.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

I'm not keen on the idea of patronage but given that it does exist Fred certainly deserves to be recognised for his contribution to angling.

Fred Jwas a boyhood hero of mine and inspiredan early interest in tench that has never left me.

Waveney One

Reaction score
Very well deserved and of course Fred wrote about a lot more than angling. He is a brilliant country sportsman covering many aspects of field sports.

P

Peter Jacobs (ACA, SAA, CA)

"He is a brilliant country sportsman covering many aspects of field sports."

As were many of his contemporaries who between them inspired many new anglers, shooters etc to field sports.

Like Andy, Fred J Taylor was a boyhood inspiration to me, and today my bookshelves have a lot of his works and they are as enjoyable today as the day I bought them.

Well done Mr. Taylor.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I would have loved to have joined him in an outdoor "cook in"..........