FM Top Guns!

Deanos

Reaction score
This is going to sound like a "Miss World" acceptance speech!

On a cold dark wet and windy night, river up high and rising, on my jack jones miles from anywhere I got a pb barbel!8.5!, now I know that’s not a monster, but before I came on this site NO WAY would I have been out in those conditions.

But I checked the water temp when I got there as per the threads, yep the temp says YES!, looking good after three days of mild and settled weather. River about 4/6 from its flood limit.

Phil H....I have been learning off you!

Sean, I used your "end rig" and pellet feeder just as it says in your brilliant articles.

Lee, I "gunned up" all my tackle due to the flood conditions, I should havethought more about what you have written, then I would not have been bust up last night BY A BIGGIE!

A big thank you to all the guys who put up all the fantastic advice that enables the likes of me to grow and learn. I now have a HUGE lump of barbel confidence.This is actually the first fish I have ever weighed, maybe I will try some snaps next time!

BIG RESPECTS AND BIG THANKS LADS.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Deanos.......well done!!

And yes, it is a monster.....well beyond a Severn 10lber or oUSE 12LBer.

Conditions have been very up and down for all of us, i know how hard it is to sit it out sometimes in the conditions you discribe.

The fish is ALL yours!

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Yahoooo well done Deanos....well chuffed for you/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

Well done the fat man!

"maybe I will try some snaps next time!"

Was that meant to be "snaps" or should it have read "snacks" ?

S

Sean Meeghan

Well done mate I'm really chuffed for you! Only a matter of time before that double.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

Well done Deano's, looking forward to seeing the photo's of your first double in the not too distant future.

davie

Reaction score
nice one deano`s,,just goes to show that if you look hard enough in these threads theres a wealth of usefull help and advice waiting to be put to good use, again congrats on your splendid fish..

F

Fred Bonney

Go Deanos, go Deanos, well done that man, may it be the first of many bigguns.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Well done Deanos...Come febuary/march I will be looking for a "weather window" you are more than welcome to spend a couple of days with me on theTrent...It could be hard going but the rewards could be awesome!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Nice one Deanos ..... Did you celebrate with a few pies ??

Deanos

Reaction score
Thank you top guns! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Lee, I shall pop along and bring supplies from Betty's in Feb!.....that's a promise!

I am very up for learning, and would consider it an honour!.

I found it exhilarating to be out (even on a small river in flood), the fish was a bonus, as trying out new methods was my main reason for being there. As soon as the river starts to drop I shall be back on again.

On passing my local Parish Church, I could not help but notice the LARGE amount of lead flashing that would make excellent feeder weights, If I can get a three stage extend able ladder, I will have me mam up there after a bit of that tonight I can tell you!

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
well done Deano! It must have been that yorkshire cake that did it /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
Yo Wendy!

I hope you are feeling a bit better chuck!

We need to get out for a trip in the New Year!

Now, soft ass Deanos, has man flue, and shall retire for the night.

alan

Reaction score
Deanos, you are not soft ass'ed at all, man flu is bad, very bad, much worse then the cold women get.

the proof is here.