DELKIM E.V.'s

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North)
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I am thinking of getting a couple of Delkim E.V.'s.

The Fox alarms I have are okay, they go off when I get a run. But will the sensitivity range on the Delkims give me any real advantage?

If so, how are they best adjusted, as most people that I know, turn the sensitivity down as they find them a pain.

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
hi m8 i av a set of delkim txi+s the sensitivity is not a problem just set it to the conditions your fishing in and the way your fishing eg slack lines,tight lines, im not saying that they will put more fish on the bank but cant see how anyone can call it a pain being able to fish with really sensitive alarms my wife swopped her fox strs for a set of evs and would never go back but i suppose its a personal thing.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Thanks Richard.

Can you explain the difference in how you would set the sensitivity setting between fishing slack and tight lines?

Fred Blake

Reaction score
The way I see it, a tight line is less affected by wind, so you can set the sensitivity a bit higher. If you are fishing really tight and locked up (when close to snags for example) you want to know if a fish is on the end pretty quickly. On the other hand, fishing with slack lines you really want to be able to set the alarms so they only go off if an inch or two of line is pulled through, otherwise they'll be bleeping at you everytime the breeze blows or abit of twig drifts into the line.This can lead to bad temper, especially at two in the morning.

I am planning to get some Delkims before the spring, as my old Optonics (lovely alarms though they are) just can't cope with windy conditions unless I'm locked up, and I don't like fishing with a tight line if I can get away with it. I could stuff the butt ring with foam, likethey used to twenty years ago, but that seems to be too fiddly and I wouldn't want to risk playing a fish with a foam plug stuck on the line - especially as there are better solutions around.

It's somewhat ironic that the old Heron alarms were more readily adjustable than most of the subsequent designs, until the Delkim arrived. I have one - maybe I should try and find another?

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Thanks Fred, that answers it nicely for me.

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
was going to answer your question baz but fred got there first and he is bang on with the answer go out and buy the delks m8 noing your buying quality and a piece of kit that wont let you down cheers .

Carpless

Reaction score
How does things like the rain effect the vibration detection on the delkims? Does the alarm beep when struck by rain drops etc.?

C

Cakey

Baz you wont go far wrong with Delks if you can put up with the stupid noise they make

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Im thinking of getting some delks, if i can sell my 4 Fox SX Digitals plus TXR digital reciever for around ?280 then ill get some Delks. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

craftycarper2001

Reaction score
since changing my fox mmxr's for delkims ev plus i would never use fox alarms again i havn't had to change my batteries for 2 seasons (and there used alot) no problems with rain getting in like i had with the fox ones and because they are so versatile they cover every fishing situation you could think of IMO the best on the market.

Haribo

Reaction score
allllryt guys i have the delkim ev and think there great. ithink tht if you are goin 2 buy sum bite alarms your best buyin a exspencive bite alarm than buyinga cheap 1 because you will end up buyin twise, the delkim are great 4 all condition because of the sencertivity controle, thy are fully waterproof and the battary seems 2 last 4ever

Mint Thumbs up /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

tight lines

nik saunders

Reaction score
i have the txi s and the reciever,the way i fish is with the volume turned down to zero and have the reciever on vibrate so no bleeep bleeep,one thing that does pee me off is people setting there bobbins with there alarms on,turn them off set your bobbin then turn on ,simple/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif