Edgar Sealey Octoplus rod

eric hall

Reaction score
My Mum has just found this rod in her fathers loft, can anybody give me any info about it and its worth, still has its rod bag too.

sorry it is an Octopus rod it doesn't have extendable legs and arms (ie. not Octoplus!)

F

Fred Bonney

Keep an eye out on ebay ,they come up quite often.From memory not a great deal of value,but I think there was more than one model produced.

K

keith buckley

I used to have an octoplus rod many years ago and in it's day it was the bees knees. As Fred says you do see these on ebay but they do not seem to go for very much. You may just be lucky and list it at the same time as a collector is looking for that particular model but I wouldn't count on making your fortune out of it.

Best of luck./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Trisantona

Reaction score
Good quality rods with a nice action,if the ferrules and eyes are OK i would use it occasionally for a bit of stillwater tenching,bit heavy by modern standards for trotting,usually sell for £40-80 on ebay which is actually a lot less than a good example is worth,when you consider a new hand built cane rod can cost over £600...