jerk bait

fishingjack

Reaction score
Hi guys,

What lures have you guys had success with lately? The pike in my local lake just arent interested lately?

Yesterday I got 2 jerk bait lures. I'm wondering what technique you use with a sinking jerk bait? I was doing the rod pointed down, slow retrieve with short sharp jerks yesterday (walk the dog method) and the darn thing snagged the bottom. :eek:mg:

Luckily got it free but nearly lost it. Rod up in the air seems to have rougly same effect but luckily keeping the lure closer to the surface.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
You don't say what kind of depths you're fishing in. That will have a direct bearing on your choice of lure. For example, if as you say you keep scraping bottom, that suggests the water isn't overly deep, or that your lure is a fast sinker.
Maybe you should be exploring the water with a slow sink Glider, there are a few available on different lure sites nowadays.
I would also suggest you may want to try out a slow sink Swimbait, they can be very effective. Again, check out one of the lure sites for the best deals.
Hope this is of help to you.

Have you tried surface lures, they can be dynamite on certain waters this time of year.

terry m

Reaction score
Agree with the surface lures in the warm weather. Nothing quite like the surface exploding as a pike hurtles up from the depths.

Standard poppers or Arbogast Jitterbugs are great choices.