Lazer Shogun or Tornado Fishing Lines

T

Terry Ellis

I was talking to a bailiff at a local water recently and he was showing me the line that he used. It was called Shogun and it claimed to have a very high strength to diameter ratio. He had not tested it but was confident that it did what it said on the label. I had not seen it before so I did an internet search. I found out that it was called Lazer Shogun and they did another line called Lazer Tornado that had an even greater strength to diameter ratio. You can buy these lines on e-bay but the mainstream tackle dealers do not seem to be selling them. There are no reviews on Fishing Magic so I was wondering if any members had tried either of them and what they thought about them. Lazer Tornado is marketed as a tournament line but implied that it was a good fishing line.

geminus

Reaction score
I brought a load on ebay when it first appeared but I found it seemed inconsistant when knoted. I use the loop to loop method for attaching my hooklengths and it was the figure eight knot loop that I had problems with, the line was better with a simple blood loop but the blood loop isn't as strong as the figure eight knot loop. Any way I lost confidence in the line so stoped using it and sold the lot at a car boot sale. This is only my opinion and I've heard others still use it and swear by it so it may have been my lack of skill at tying knots /forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

J K

Reaction score
This is a goodarticle for knots. Scroll down to the "Non slip loop".

It explains how it is better than the figure of eight knot.

geminus

Reaction score
Thanks J K I'll be giving the"Non slip loop" some serius testing looks promosing /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif now off to tie some loops