Worlds largest carp 120kg... yeah right

kiwi fishingbangkok

Reaction score
ok
there is a company out there promoting this fish.

what a load of CARP, they say 120kg it is not!!!
the fish was weighed in at 82kg!!!

it is my opinion that this is dis-honest to anglers!!!!

how do I know this info? easy I know the angler that landed this fish, hey dont get me wrong it is a GREAT fish!!! Kik is one of the best guides in Thailand when I questioned him on 120kg his answer was no it was 82kg, no way will that man put his reputation on the line as a Pro just to promote that company!!!

google worlds largest carp and have a look at the pictures, after doing that get your mate and try to lift 120kg!! take a photo and look at the strain on your faces!!!!

or you can have a look at other sites and compair fish that have been weighed!!

I am a professional fishing guide here in thailnd and promote Thailand Fishing for free.
I hate to see things like this!!!

well this posting is not ment to dis-respect Kik in any way as I have the up most respect for him but it is here to give people a heads up on what is going on!!

Angling Rules

Kiwi

R

Roto Fryer 1

ill tell you where to go and give you free advice on Thailand if you should so wish. i live around 500 M from bung sam lam

kiwi fishingbangkok

Reaction score
hey dont get me wrong I love Bung Sam Ran!

I have a lot of friends there and have fished there for a couple of years now.

as for fishing holidays yes I do offer some, I also promote the IGFA and own the Bung Sam Ran IGFA weigh station, I have been working with Bung Sam Ran for some time now.

any information that you can give me on fishing Thailand would be great I will put it up on my web page for all anglers to see!!!

that so called 120kg carp is not being promoted by bung sam ran!
Bung Sam Ran does in fact have carp that should be about 140-160kg by now but the chances of landing them is next to nothing!! they understand lines and hooks to well!

Kiwi

Reaction score
What makes these 140-160kg fish so difficult Kiwi?

All carp were considered uncatchable in the fairly recent past but they turned out to be pretty gullible on the whole?

I would guess night fishing is not allowed or are therejust very few of that size?

R

Roto Fryer 1

night fishing is allowed, however, you have platforms and houses with poles everywhere for the fish to go around. its a nightmare lol certainly not designed for fishing. kiwi is up on the mekong at the moment, he will, no doubt, reply when he gets back

kiwi fishingbangkok

Reaction score
ok

the Giant carp is not impossible (I HOPE)

but this is not a stupid fish, you dont get to 300 lbs in life by eating hooks.
I have never come across a fish that is like this one! this species is intelligent!

they will come in real slowly and feel for nylon.
and change in the bait from there standard flavour and they are not interested.
when hooked up on the big carp they dive for the piles, as Roto Fryer 1 mentioned this lake is not set up for the fishing, it has so many piles in the water it is enough to make you cry!

so the only way to get around this is diving!
when a fish heads for a bungalow 50 yards away it is time to swim with the rod!
when it has gone under an obstruction 12 feet deep there is only one sure way to clear it...... Dive.

it is possible to cut the line and retie it but this is not something I like as a rule as if it decides to run at the wrong moment you leave the fish with a hook in its mouth and a large length of nylon hanging from it!
so I tend to modify my reels to be able to dive these depths.

ok diving Bung Sam Ran.
DONT DO IT!!
this is dangerous big time for many reasons,
1 you will get sick! it takes years to build up the body to take all that bacteria! this I know for sure, If I have a client fall in I make sure that they go on a course of strong anti-biotics!!!!!!!
2 the amount of nylon and hooks down there is BAD and I do mean BAD!!! that makes it dangerous!

well there are a few reasons for you.

kiwi fishingbangkok

Reaction score
ok the first post on this thread in hind site I should not have posted it!

so in the interests of Thailands fishing I will ask the moderators to remove the post and change the topic to Thailand Carp fishing.

The Carp fishing here in Thailand is nothing like the Carp fishing in England so I hope that we can keep this thread going just to give anglers information on this stunning fish.

maybe more on the tackle and the fight later. as you can't use a 2 lbs test curve on these ones!!!