SHIMANO TECHNIUM XTA COMPETITION 1300

Whitehawk

Reaction score
SHIMANO TECHNIUM XTA COMPETITION 1300

Anyone know if this pole is worth it for the price? I've got a Diawa Super Phantom at the moment and its terrible. I don't fish matches, but do enjoy fishing the pole mainly for carp (5lb- 15lb) through out the summer, so would prabably spend more than £300-400

If not this one any ideas?

Cheers

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
Hawk,

I have owned one since last year, its a GREAT pole !! Im delighted with it. Cost me £200 last year, and its a steal. Feels great in the hand, very rigid for the money, and an all round cracker !!

Copes with big elastic AND fish , it doesnt droop, and I'll keep it short and just say go get one mate, you will NOT regret it !!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Thers nothing comes close to it at the price---------

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Hello Whitehawk,

Here's a Phrase for you to Consider " one mans Poison is another mans Pleasure"

Basically, the best advise anyone could ever give you is, before you part with your Cash go along to a Tackle Shop and sit down and try all the different Poles that they have within your Price Range, you will be surprised by the Differances, some weigh more than my mother inlaw " and i wouldn't pick her up in a Land Rover /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif, ask them how many top kits it comes with, are there any cupping kits how much are extra top kits, replacement sections etc.

If you a Primerily fishing for Carp in the Summer have you thought about getting a 10 metre Margin Pole? You can pick up a really good one for around £100 and it will come with 2 top kits and you can buy another Top Kit to turn into a Cupping Kit for around £30and they are as tough as old boots and less smelly. And on an added note because they are Margin Poles they are generally stronger than your normal Poles.

I hope this gives you a few more options to consider /forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
Some good points there, but I still say you would not regret buying one, if you do, buy it online,have a good look at it,and due to " selling at a distance "laws, if you weren't happy, just send it back without redress