Can anyone Recommend

S

Stevie 12345

Im after a decent grinder to grind downmy pellets for my pastebut dont want to spend a fortune on one.

Anyone had any experience in buying any

F

Fred Bonney

Keep an eye out at car boot sales, I like the old fashioned ...non electric mincers.

B

Bill Cox

Yes i agree with Fred the old fashioned steel grinders are the best, but mind your fingers.

Deanos

Reaction score
I use the coffee grinder which came withmy old liquidiser, works a treat I can tell you!And if you get one with an old liquidiser, YOU CAN MAKE LIQUIDISED BREAD!

(Another amazing tip from Derrick Deanos...he doesn’t work for Curry’s, but just has a lot of electrical appliances that he never uses!).

S

Stevie 12345

Cakey its what I currently use but its more expensive to buy.

Plus if you actually riddle thepowder you will find that it made up of severaldifferent typesof pellet- maybe the offcuts of the swim stim range

C

Cakey

you have to weigh up the cost of a grinder and the loss of a couple of fingers the mess etc against a few bags ............

S

Stevie 12345

I was hoping a simple cheap coffee grinder would do the trick

Deanos

Reaction score
Go for the coffee grinder deal, no mess at all, also you can grind up any pellet that’s going (or if youare a tit like me, and buy a few bags of floating carp pellets by mistake!).Great for making up paste, the whole deal.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Any of the coffee grinders will work fine.

A coffee bean is a lot harder than pellets. Just start on a rough setting then re-grind on a finner setting.

The hand grinders are gre\t for breaking them down first or for making a feeder mix.

matt

Reaction score
The old fashioned hand griders are ok for trout pellets but the higher oil halibuts clog it up a bit.

F

Fred Bonney

I get the made up stuff anyway/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

L

Laurie Harper

You could always put the pelets in a strong plastic bag and hit them with a mallet...

K

keith buckley

I use a coffee grinder I got from tesco for just over a tenner. I've been using it for about two years and it has no problem grinding both halibut and trout pellets.

K

keith buckley

Thats a cracker Ed perhaps we could club together and put a bid in.

S

Stevie 12345

Ed you just cant resist it can you, whats a matter Monks threads getting a bit boring/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif