RAY walton

M

MARK FRAME

I was surprised to read in the angling press this week that ray has opened his own web site because of abuse he has received in other forums on other sites
personally i have not noticed any
so is this true? does this mean ray will not be writing for fishing magic any more
if it is true those people involved should feel ashamed.
a lot of people have benifited from his EXPERT advise.
it is a sad climate we live in when a bloke like ray helps and gets slagged of.
if it is true maybe something can be done to sensor replies to the site before they are aired

M

Mike Fidler

Mark, I never saw any abuse of Ray when he answered questions on this forum and if you looked through the responses to any questions you will see that people are not abusive or rude, quite the opposite. Did you consider that Ray may want his own site but maybe needed an excuse to start it. After all he's famous enough.

M

MARK FRAME

I have looked and i didnot see any abuse either i am only making a response to the angling press

so does this mean that the angling press has lied just like the normal papers do or is it ray doing it for his own means.
Ill have alook at his web page and ask the question.

C

Carp Angler

Ray used to get a bit of flack on anglersnet, but most of it was instigated by himself.
If you've ever read any of his replies, you'll realise what an annoying and argumentative git he can be at times.
He used to make me chuckle when he would come up with some nonchalent off the cuff remark and I would wait for the fur to fly.....
Very amusing...........

A

Alan Cooper

I thought it a pity that Ray seemed to "disappear" from the site as I joined - shurely shome coincidence?

P

paul williams

I saw some of the things Ray is talking about and i agree with carp he bought most of it on himself! you must have heard the saying "if you can't take the p**s don't give it"!!! and a few made comment on the gear he puts his name to, but with gear costing that much surely the people it is aimed at are entitled to question it? i'm sorry but Ray's attitude to this is in my opinion nothing more than childish.

M

Mike Heylin

I thought Ray was a bright spark on the BBs I found him on. he got people thinking and did come in for some stick, mostly about his lack of inches, but it seemed to be all in good fun.

I think the AT piece was some journalist trying to hang the story on something, when in reality it was simply a PR puff for Rays new site. I don't think Ray would have put the story out with that spin on it.

S

STEVE POPE

Hi all,
Ray is a good mate and I think I know him pretty well,but carp angler has got it about right.
I really hope that Ray's site and his guiding service take off, he deserves it,he's put a lot back into fishing.
I might point out that you should never take the quotes in AM at face value, the journalist will always decide the spin that goes on it.
You will get a call,be asked a few questions,you try to engage brain and deliver off the cuff replies and trust the journalist will put it together in a concise and honest fashion.
That is the name of the game and the way it works. You either play or you don't.
AT work in a different way and will usually confirm the quotes before they actually go in.
Hope that helps and enlightens.

Steve.

M

MARK FRAME

cant we get ray to answer for himself it would be great to hear his side of the story.

A

Andy Davis

So what is the URL Of Ray's Site ??

Ta

Andy 'more information needed' Davis

P

peter webber

Andy
Ray's site is www.raywalton-fishing.co.uk
I've just had a look at it and will NOT be going back. I thought it was rubbish. As for what this forum is about I have never met the guy or read anything of his, but as I see it if you get involved in the chat room forums, mags etc and you give people stick then you have to be prepared to take the same. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.
----(*}}}}<

M

MARK FRAME

I take it then that most people are agreed that ray has brought it on himself then

ok.

fair comment

A

Alan Cooper

I had a look at Ray's site and I couldn't get three of the option buttons to work. If you read this Ray - my advice is to build the site yourself. E-mail me if you want any help.