Chubbing With Chubber

• Thread starter john conway (CSG - ACA)
  • Start date
J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

Bob, I enjoyed you sharing with us your day's chub fishing. It was good to see in picture the swims you fished and as far as I'm concerned the's nothing wrong with your pics.
BTW your not related to Ron Clay are you or is it just the hat?

JimmyFloyd

Reaction score
Great article Bob! Sounds like the perfect short session.

What sort of end rig did you use on the leger rod - was it a running leger or just a swan shot (or two)?

Cheers!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Very nice indeed Bob.

Just the kind of fishing that I like and do when on a river. size means nothing when you can get it as good as this.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Smashing stuff Bob ,I like the ammount of tackle you needed for such a great day as well, as getting back to basics can be hard once you get used to taking the kitchen sink an all.I just love intimate little streams and brooks as they can hold some real suprises for the adventurous.

B

Bully

I agree - its nice just to read a "diary" of a mornings fishing and see the swims, as opposed to detailed theory behind a session with all kinds of fancy rigs and ideas /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

.......plus small rivers / streams are my heaven anyway. 8am to 11:45am, a few nice fish, back home for a pint! Perfic!

Deanos

Reaction score
What a lovely article Chubber!, my kind of fishing for sure. Whatever new things I try, this is the way that rocks my boat.

The only problem is that its 10 to 11 at night, and I want to go out and catch a few now!

Suppose I shall have to wait until Friday! /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

MORE MORE MORE!

Rickrod

Reaction score
i enjoyed your article bob the pics were fine sounds like your son missed agood day out

David Rogers 3

Reaction score
Justthe sort of fishing Ilike, too!You can stilluse barbless hooks for worm fishing. After the worm goes on,tryimpaling either a tiny piece of rubber band or an Enterprise Tackle red rubber grub. I find thiskeeps them on securely.

B

Bully

"After the worm goes on,tryimpaling either a tiny piece of rubber band"

Fully agree - only I will add "try doing this with freezing fingers" /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
what an excellent article, real Mr Crabtree stuff, nice one Bob

David Rogers 3

Reaction score
Fully agree - only I will add "try doing this with freezing fingers" /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

I know what you mean! I should have added "Make sure the piece is big enough to fold in half and nick thehookpoint into the fold". Trying to do it without folding the piece first means you'll probably impale your finger more often than the band...

The rubber grub is easier and might even add to the attraction!

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

thanks for the replies lads glad you all enjoyed it , and jimmy , yes just a couple of swan shot 8 inches from the hook.

A

Albert Watkinson 2

great stuff bob,any chub angler would be pleased to read this article.uncomplicated and
the pictures were ok as well.
albert

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I`m feeling pretty low at the moment and reading this has put a smile on my face and cheered me up no end.Looking at the swim pics reminded me so much of the river ise/ise brook i used to fish as a kid and it`s the sort of venue i just love.

Well done bob and lets see more of this type of fishing!!!

nicky

Reaction score
I really look forward toreading new articles on fishing magic (how often do youread a story as good as this in the angling press?) and i find these type of short stories are so entertaing and relaxing it's like doing a bit of fishing from the comfort of your chair, we should all try and add more articles to the site as long as they are as good quality as this one only problem i suppose we are all a bit pushed for time and in my case a bit lazy

Ginger

Reaction score
Nice piece Bob, great idea to use photos of your swims, made me feel like i was there with you.

I love roving on small rivers,there`s something really special about it.

Keith M

Reaction score
Nice article Bob, When I read it I felt like I was out fishing there with you.
I suspect that I also fish the same river for the Chub and Barbel (on another stretch).
Nice one Bob,

Keith