My Mate

• Thread starter Albert Watkinson 2
  • Start date
A

Albert Watkinson 2

how could you deny him?cocks his head and says"caught anything mister" no says i but i am all the better for seeing you.really close up that one sean.
albert

S

Sean Meeghan

Yes - couldn't quite get him to feed out of my hand.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Give it time and it will be eating out of your hand. And you never know it might give you a little peck.

A

Albert Watkinson 2

with his red coat strutting his stuff up and down the bank.at my age he is more than welcome.long may i feed him.nice one sean.
albert

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Lovely pic Sean, how come whenever I geta robbin perch on my rods or start nicking me maggots I'm too bleeding slow with the camera?

Albert, it's not all about fishing is it /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Steve.

S

Sean Meeghan

Took a lot of work that! Neglected my grayling fishing for a good while!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Nice one Sean!

Last Sunday I had a Robin flitting about nicking my maggots but try as I might, I couldn't get a decent photo of it. Spent more time trying than actually fishing!

wayne brooks

Reaction score
there was one robbin down my old local lake and he used to land on my head, take maggots from my hand and even perch on the end of my boots if i sat still enough. he was strange but welcome company on many winters, even the dog wasn't bothered.

that was untill they sold the lake, chopped down every tree and turned it into a syndicate water.

i've neverseen him since........../forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

A

Albert Watkinson 2

hi steve he is a true brit.not many birds will come to man of there own accord.i have one down the lane and when i take the terrier out he knows there is a feed for him when we lose sight of these diversions is the time to jump off the cliff.
albert

Risque Manoofus

Reaction score
Say,s everything without saying a word Sean. Lovely photo mate. Its blokes like you and Albert that I love to share my day with.

J K

Reaction score
What a smashing photo.

At one of our clubs pools I swear theres a Robin that greets you in the car park and then follows you to your chosen swim.

R

Robert Woods (ACA)

Last winter as I unloaded gear a Robin sat on my unopened bait bucket trying to get at my birdfood boillies...!!!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I really must learn more about birds, I saw a barn owl the other day, it is the first time I have ever seen one.

We also saw two birds that looked like falcons? and no matter how hard I try I can'tget a picture ofa kingfisher!

I also get loads of robbins perched on my rods but everytime I reach for they camera they leg it!