grey mist

eel611

Reaction score
Hi all , Im thinking of fishing greymist on the warrington, card does anyone have any info on the place? oh and by the way I wont be carp fishing. ta, EEL 611

eel611

Reaction score
Heyup Baz, just trying to save time and diesel! general info really, size, depth, weedgrowth,parking, facilities etc. I mostly fish midweek so I dont think Ill have toomany problems getting a peg, unless you know different....

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Right Steve.

The Mist has a general depth of 8 ft. Good car parking, but you need a key for the gate, availiable from WAA or Baileys tackle next to the Mist, on production of your WAA card. I think it's about 6-8 acres in size.

The weed has died down, If it is Pike you are after, they go to somewhere around 18 lb. A 14 came out at the weekend. Also some good eels are present. One of 7.11 came out last year. The opposite end to the car park produces the best. You won't have a problem during midweek, but it can get busy at weekends with anglers spinning for Pike.

You could also fish the Mersey for Pike and eels at the back of the Mist, just over the hill on the left hand side. We now have that stretch on the card.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Right Steve.

I have replied to your pm. If you need any more help let me know.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Hello Eel ,I tookmy first couple of tentative steps into eel fishing last year and was wondering if you may be able to give me a few pointers on end tackle that you use ,such as hooklenghts and baits and a few more things if I am honest.There does not seem to be too much reading about the species other than what I have read on here .Thanks Gav.

The Monk

Reaction score
Gav probably worth joining one of the Eel groups, the National Anguilla Club have been around since December 1962 and they produce an excellent magazine

Will Smith

Reaction score
There,s also some good recipe,s for eel in mrs beeton,s farmhouse cookbook.

G

Gary Knowles

and taking some ear defenders...quite a few carp lads on there who like a party.../forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif

S

Sean Meeghan

Last fished it in 1973 - was OK for pike then /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

It had a thirty in it about that time or shortly after Sean.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I sold it to the Poles. (-;

It just got washed up dead one day and left there to rot. Spawn bound I think? bit of a waste really.

Paul C

Reaction score
"There,s also some good recipe,s for eel in mrs beeton,s farmhouse cookbook."

Do they taste as good as Fanny's though?

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Thanks Monk I have heard of them but it is renewing permit time soon so am a bit peppered at the moment,they are a secretive bunch these eelers, real cloke and dagger stuff.