Huge Perch from Thames marina

N

NomadPaul

Just found this link form another site

6lb perch

...oh , and the bloke in question is 22 stone , if you think the fish doesn't look as big as you thought /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Great catch, and probably more of an achievement than some morerecent record fish claims. And one of THE records to achieve.

honslow

Reaction score
It might notbe accepted asa record due to doubts being cast over where it was caught. The manager of the marina it's pictured in claim the captorwas spotted fishing illegally in the marina (captor claimed he caught it just outside). The manager intends to write to the BRFC to complain. The BRFC will throw out the claim if they think it was caught whilst the captor was poaching....

T

Tony Rocca

He can weigh as many stones as he likes, it doesnt look that big to me.

honslow

Reaction score
Don't tell me you bought an angling weekly Tony......

T

Tony Rocca

Nah, pics on the link at the top of the thread anywayGreg.

Did have a quick skimin ASDA yesterday though and read your bit on Fred J, not bad,

8 out of 10.

honslow

Reaction score
You can hardly mess up an interview piece though can you? Just write what they say. Top bloke. True living legend.

Thought you'd been having a pikey peek again!

Oh, and the bloke's actually 26 stone. Likes his Chinese apparently...

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Some devil's advocate questions;

Where was the perch actually caught - inside the marina or outside?

Can the marina prove they have riparian fishing rights?

Whether the angler concerned fished where he shouldn't have at some other time could be construed as irrelevent, as it is where the record itself was caught that matters.

At least one current record was allegedly caught illegally.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Adaft question for all you BRFC buffs out there.......

Out of intrest,is there something in black & white on the BRFC statute books that mentions claims being "thrown out" if proved to be "poaching"???

One other question.......

Do you get moreweight discrepencies when weighing fish in boats as opposed to on land???

At the end of the day,whatever the outcome,it`s a magnificent perch.

T

Tony Rocca

Yes greg, I did spot the 22...26 thing, and his long arms and big hands, still not 6 in my opinion, but thats only my opinion andit has to be said I have only caught perch to 3lb odd, and that was years ago, so what do I know.

Nick,

Weighing in a boat wouldnt make any difference other than maybe not being as steady, I dont think.

C

Cakey

the scales would need checking at the temprature at the time of capture though

all said and done its a superb fish

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
No weigh (pun intended) would it be 6lb, one look at him at 26st and it would have crapped 2lb in weight thinking it was going to be eaten raw there and then !!!.

L

Lee Fletcher 1

Dear All,

I got sent some photos of "big" perch the other day. Four fish over four pounds and a right lump that went 5lb 2oz. The fours were amazing enough but the five?? Quite another creature I can tell you.

Regards,

Lee.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

Nick

There is a catch all in the BRFC rules which allows the committee to reject a claim where the committteis unhappy with anything about it.

All fish have to be weighed on land.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I have never seen a perch anywhere near that weight and I wouldn't presume to dispute it on the evidence of a photo even if I had, the camera distorts and howyou Tonycan say "its never as big as he is claiming" purely on the evidence of a picture and never ever seeing aperch that big I don't comprehend.

Is it just me that thinks that the capture of every fish that is a record is immediately attacked as 'very doubtful' based on very little evidence or the venue it was caught? The BRFC is there to establish the facts and their conclusions are eventually disclosed to the angling public and it would be more preferable if we just accepted the fish until it was dismissed as a non record fish or celebrated if it is.