wot battiers

Reaction score
i need 4 aa battiers for my torch i got the other week i bought some cheep rechargeable ones that lasted about 15 mins so that was a waste so i have now had a look and noticed duracell do rechargeable ones are they any good ? will they last a night ? or should i go for normall duracell one or maybe enigiser one ?
cheers

K

keith buckley

Had no problem with energisers. Hope it's not a head torch that takes four batteries, you'll wind up with a stiff neck.

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

I haven't usedrechargeables though I suppose I ought to make the effort, but I am such an absent minded idiot I continually forget to do things like charge such stuff in time in advance - eg. I never have any ice cubes made ready when I need them...

In the meantime, whilst coping with this early onset Alzheimers I swear by the high power multi packs from Maplins. Half the price of Duracell or Energizers etc but they do work and do last. I've given up on Supermarket own brands of any and all varieties, never seem to have much puff in them no matter what the claims made by the wrapping or the price paid.

Paul B

Reaction score
use 2400mAh Ni-Mh from 7-day shop like These in my digicam and their AAA size in my headtorch and they last me a couple of nights; depends how long you leave your torch on I guess! They also do a charger that runs off 12v so you can leave a spare set charging in your car.

C

Cakey

the gadget program done test on batteries and the cheaper ones came out on top

because duracell etc at two or maybe three times the price dont last two or three times longer !!

M

mark norris (ACA)

The advantage of not using rechargeables is that you can carry several spares and not get left in the dark

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

The disadvantage is the cost....

and thanks Paul B for the links, I just bought 8 AA and 8 AAA rechargeable batteries + recharger for less than it would have cost me to buy 16 said batteries in disposable format.

Now just got to remember to charge them when I get 'em.

S

Sean Meeghan

The only problem with rechargable batteries in my experience is that they don't hold their charge very well if left for long periods without using them (such as in a camera). Uniross do some ones called Hybrio that claim to hold 80% of their charge if stored for a year. They seem to work Ok in my MP3 player, but I haven't tested them in my camera or head torch yet.

C

Cakey

Sean Ive a spare battery for my Nikon on charge in the van at all times ....................cant get caught out ,I hope

Morespiders

Reaction score
Can just see you sat there on the bank Sean with your little mp3player, do-de-do-de-da

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

"do-de-do-de-da "

Was that 'Strangers in the Night ' Spiders ??

Trisantona

Reaction score
I'll name that tune in five, do-de-do-de da,do de-do-de-da,why doe's your love hurt so much....when do i get my prize ?./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

alan

Reaction score
uniross 2500, £18 from wilkinson's. last for ages, in my digi i can take around 300pics before dead.

i tried the cheap 2500 ones from 7day shop, ive got 2 lots, tried them twice. 1st time i managed 20 photo's second time 22. i gave them to the kids to use.