Top 3

bigdave

Reaction score
What would you say was your top 3 books on carp fishing?

The Monk

Reaction score
Carp fever was a landmark, but for me Jack Hiltons "Quest for Carp" was amazing, also enjoyed Jim Gibbinsons first carp book, "The Carp" from the Richard walker Series, while "Confessions" was a classic too, these followed on by some of Hutchy`s and Yates books, paisley also wrote some fine books, in later years Maylin I found enjoyable, now a days everybody and his bivvy bitch writes carp books

C

Cakey

Carp Sense ...Jim Gibbinson

Terry Hearn.....In Pursuit of the Largest

Carp Fever.....Kevin Who ?

D

Dal (The merchant of Mennace & Don't mess with my

1 Casting at the Sun Chris Yates

2 Quest for Carp Jack Hilton

3 Any Richard Walker Books

F

Frothey

The carp strikes back - hutchy

in pursuit - hearny

carp sense -gibby

one to look out for....

a merry olde dance - thicky (micky gray). no rigs, no how to, but a proper carp book

C

Cakey

the funniest is still........200 Carp Tips byDick Langhenkel and Nico de Boer

C

Cakey

give me a number between 1 and 200 and you will see what I mean.......

C

Cakey

tip 42

storage cases

some anglers lug their entire tackle box to the waterside.occasionally it opens in transport spilling the contents,and it is quite a job to get everything back.you would do better to keep your tackle box for storage athome anduse smaller cases on your expedition.

in this way you can prepare storage boxes for different branches of angling.for carp fishing you need a box with a good catch,with at least one long compartment for your floats and a number of smaller ones for bite indicators ,leads,line stops,etc.these boxes are obtainable in various sizes and qualities.your choice should depend on the size of your bag and the equipment you think you will need to take.a tupperware or similar box is ideal for taking potatoes.these boxes have close fitting lids and are available in any desired size.

C

Cakey

tip 34

visual battery operated bite indicators

these bite indicators are transparent plastic or glass phials containing a small amount of radioactive(safe) tritium gas. the manufacturers claim a 15 year life span for them.betalights are available in different intensities measured in micro lamberts

see what I mean .....wheres the tip ?

R

Roto Fryer 1

the first fishing book to get me was "come fishing with me" by colin wilcock.

carping has to be BB. nothing got the imagination going like that one

S

Steve Clements

Well I never knew betalights were battery operated, so while not a tip, number 42 does reveal hitherto unknown secrets, will my life be improved immeasurably know I know its meaning?????/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

tip 56

cook them yourself

to avoid reproaching others cook your own potatoes and do this well in advance.

C

Cakey

cant be bothered to type the rest out but at the end it says buy tinned potatoes in brine !

S

Steve Clements

You're right, that book is an essential.

To avoid reproaching others...lol

W

Wolfman Woody

"now a days everybody and his bivvy bitch writes carp books"

You're going to get in big trouble for that comment Monk.

Granville Marsbar's writing a carp book now along with his "bivvy bitch" Mark Wintle.

What about 99, Cakey?

C

Cakey

tightening the line

the loop between top ring and the bait is called the"slack", no slack otherwise all the energy is in straightening the line and not in setting the hook

always make sure your line is not greasy by passing it through aball of fullers earth mixed with washing up liquid,the line will then sink rapidly