BBC iPlayer

Steve Handley

Reaction score
BBC iPlayer - A nice little gadget on the BBC webpage.

If you have 10 minutes to spare (tonights telly is rubbish anyway!). Click on the BBC homepage and then the connection to BBC iPlayer and then click on the folowing:- Last 7 days - FRI -[2] - Dean the Diving Decorator.

Contains some great underwater footage of the fish in Stoney Cove Leicestershire.

Don't know if this link will work:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b008nkvk.shtml

R

Robert Woods (ACA)

I watched it last night...better than East Enders.../forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif.

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

Excellent, would have missed that without your heads up. Just wish they'd played more of the clips without all the cutting, you'd just about see what the fish were about and then 'bing' off with another cut or a vox to camera etc. Lets just see the bloody film of the fish please.... all very well the chap winning awards etc if no-one ever gets to see the films, what about a proper half hour to an hours playing time BBC pretty please ? Maybe on BBC3 or 4 ?

barry dix

Reaction score
Very enjoyable thanks for the link. Fantastic to see what is actually happening under the surface of the water, great shots of the fish. Good luck to the boy he looks like he's got a future in the wildlife photography world.

Joey

Reaction score
I watched it last night, better than East Enders.

Using a blow torch on your dangly bits is better than watching East Enders.

captain carrott

Reaction score
and to get the pike mating behaviour means he's been in there filming in early march, bugger that for a game of soldiers.

Steve Handley

Reaction score
When I seegreat footage like this, with the clarity of the water and the stunning colours and behaviour of the fish, it makes me wonder why we don't see morenatural historyprogrammes on our freshwater fish. For most people it's an unknown world.

One of the few thathave been made,and in my opinion one of the best was 'Toms River' The Diary of a Riverkeeper.

Programmes like Springwatch always feature foxes, badgers, deer and nesting birds and occasionally the salmon running up the rivers to spawn. How about putting a diver in somewhere like Stoney Cove. It has to be moreexciting than waiting for the badgers to appear.

Or maybe, fish are not 'cuddly' enough for BBC!

captain carrott

Reaction score
well firstly some of that footage was on the alan titchmarsh series when he did his program about fresh water.

secondly all of that footage was on bbc2 last week, so steve's assertion though previously correct, is just abit wrong.

P

Peter Jacobs (ACA, SAA, CA)

Typically, this is only available if you are in the UK!

Anyone living or trying to access this from 'abroad' cannot view the damn thing.

Cheers auntie BBC!
Remind me again, we are all part of the EU, right?

"I watched it last night, better than East Enders"

Poking red hot needles into one's eyes is better than watching East Enders.

Steve Handley

Reaction score
Ok, I hold my hands up.... but apart from the Alan Titchmarsh series and that footage on BBC2 last week.... what have the Romans (BBC) ever done for us?

Apologies to The Life of Brian.

captain carrott

Reaction score
Anyone living or trying to access this from 'abroad' cannot view the damn thing.

Cheers auntie BBC!
Remind me again, we are all part of the EU, right?

and why should they exactly which parts of the EU are currently contributing to our licence fee in order to gain access to this service?

P

How about those English expatriates who are paying for the service at 'home' but work abroad?

They are collecting my annual fee and I only get to use the service about 9 days a month.

The other annoying habit is on 5 Live when they have a live footy match, we in France get the programme, all the pre-match chat etc., but as soon as the game starts, off it goes!

captain carrott

Reaction score
The other annoying habit is on 5 Live when they have a live footy match, we in France get the programme, all the pre-match chat etc., but as soon as the game starts, off it goes!

now you go suggesting that they broadcast something that they don't have the rights to broadcast,

The terms of their contract with the premiership allows them to broadcast live games in britain. T

he rights for broadcasting live games out side britain is owned by some one else. would you suggest that they break the terms of their contract, or possibly pay much more so that they can broad cast the game to the french, people who do not contribute to their service in any way.

P

Jason,

I'm not suggesting anything of the sort, meerly pointing out the frustration, that's all.

Either way it is insignificant now as I've just bought one of those SlingBox thingies that will let me watch my UK Sky from my laptop anywhere in the world, so hopefully I'll not have to watch PSG anymore on local TV.

All I have to do now is work out how to link the thing up, and with my lack of 'teckie' knowledge I'll probably have it done in time to watch this years Cup Final.