SUN HOLIDAYS / FISHING

Reaction score
I've been looking through some of the sun newspapers £9.50 holiday destinations and it got methinking ..

could I use one of these to take the beloved away for a week and do some fishing as well ,

Have any of you been on these holidays and can you recommend any sites that have decent fishing , pool fishing and if any have river fishing on site or near by (barbel)

M

MarkTheSpark

I'm doing the same thing right now, Harry. But I think we'll have to do it the long way, looking up the camp (usually have this info on-line), then trying to relate it to nearby fisheries. For some reason the Currant Bun lists golf but not fishing. Losing sight of their core readership, I'd say.

I'm up for trying Welsh rivers for a sea-trout, so the choice isn't too difficult. Anywhere in West Wales...

Reaction score
I was hoping to get a location like warmwell with option of local river , fussy yes but its gonna be my holiday and no harm looking and hoping , last year the sun showed the resorts that had fishing available ,

there must be more like minded people , so help me out please

Lord Paul

Reaction score
people I've spoke to say they're good - fishing is ok at some site - I think it's hit and miss

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Let FM know if you find somewhere good /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
ive managed to find a brochure from sun holiday thats 3 years old this details the parks with fishing so im checking these out , still hoping for some feed back off this site though

C

Cakey

I use the Sun all the time ,been to Warmwell,IOW,Allhallows,the Orchards and Burham on sea

it was a case of cant beat em join em i.e. I paid £400+ for Warmwell and others there said they only paid £9.50.....gutting

what you must remember is that the minimum payment is £9.50 x 4 +electric and gas+entertaiment passes and they give you the shitist van on the site so I normally spend another 20-40 quid upgrading !

Reaction score
cakey you obviously know a few of the resorts with fishing facilities , do you know if any of them have access to any rivers or have rivers near by as an alternative to the pools ?

which one of the resorts mentioned above would you recommend

C

Cakey

all the ones Ive been to and fished the lakes/ponds are on site

I dont know of any rivers near any of the above

and I would go back to any of the above..................