Catch a 10lb tench this season

A

Andy Nellist

Murray you only live ten miles from the best Tench water in the world

R

Ron Clay

So Murray lives near Groenvlei, Somerset West, about 60 kilometres from Capetown. That water produced several tench over 10 kg in years gone by

M

Martin Scullion

Wow !! there are Tench in S.A, must remember that when we go over later this year.

Is that the only place they are in ???

A

Andy Nellist

That'll be it... that well know SA town of Hemel nr Groenvlei

Seriously though I would love to see any photos of Tincas that big. Do you know what length they grow to Ron?

P

Paul Williams

Andy,
They will beat you to it......that bike was a bad idea mate! ;o)

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Andy, you live a lot closer to that water than I do, we are talking Wilstone I take it ?.

Warren and myself have been blanking on Korda by the way, very hard, but it produced an 11.4 Tench only a few days ago.

A

Andy Nellist

Murray

We were.

That's a big fish for this time of year. Is it the same fish that kept coming out last year?

Can you kick Warren for me and ask him why he still hasn't sent me my photo's from last autumn!!!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

'kick Warren for me'

Dear o dear, they are a few topless pics of your bit on the side, whats the panic for them Andy?????

P

Paul Williams

Warren/Andy,
Were they the ones that kept coming out last year? :)

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Looks to me after CAREFULLY examining the pics that she's forever getting em out.
You can see her by going to www.andysbitontheside.com

Just kidding Andy, i wouldn't do that, would i?????? ??????

R

Ron Clay

Tench were first introduced to SA ca 1920 to a few natural lakes in the Cape Flats and Boland regions. They grew huge - over 20 lbs.

I tried to track them down after seeing a photo of a very fat 10 kg fish taken in the 70s.

I doubt if there are any left now however.

A

Andy Nellist

Woz, U know me I was more concerned about the pictures of my pb 7lb 1oz Roach/Bream hybrid... which I still haven't seen :eek:(

A

Andy Nellist

Ron, that's amazing 10kg is 50% bigger than the UK. Did huge males get caught too? Were they a lot longer and bigger framed than UK fish or just fatter?

R

Ron Clay

They looked just like UK fish but a lot bigger - fat too.

I never saw a photo of a male.