Fishing hats

beerweasel

Reaction score
Jack Pyke Pro sport baseball cap or Hardy Classic or Castle and fly.
In the winter I wear a daft but warm furry Russian hat.

A

alan whittington

I wear a 'Barmah' kangaroo leather hat when the weather is hot,keeps the sun off your neck,or any old baseball cap in normal conditions,mainly for glare reasons.

sagalout

Reaction score
A tw4t hat (floppy brimmed sun hat) although I don't have to wear to look like a tw4t.

Any time I ain't wearing a tw4t hat, a thinsulate bobble hat without a bobble.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I generally wear the Hardy castle and fly, or an old Senna (Nacional) cap.
In the winter thinsulate, or similar.
Jerry

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
I don't fish during heatwaves, but for normal (whatever that is nowadays) Summer through to Winter fishing it's a baseball hat for me. And since I always wear Polorised glasses the peak on the baseball hat is essential.

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
I generally wear one of the FishingMagic caps in the whole, in the Winter i wear a Wooly hat with a peak at the front to help cut down the Winter Glare from the low Sun.
As i wear glasses the peak on both hats also helps to keep the rain off my glasses.

I am going to invest in one of those Bush Hats with the Brim all the way round as i do tend to burn quite quickly these days.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tilley T5, best hat in the world (honest) they are expensive at £50-60 but you get a very high quality product with a lifetime warranty and they float too!!
I wear a wide brimmed hat in the sun as my neck catches the sun so I thought I would invest in the best and it was worth it.
If you are interested in the Tilley range take a look on ''the pack your bags. com'' web site...free postage too!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
In realy hot weather I wear a full brim 'tilly' type of hat but the top is perforated to allow good air flow. I bought it in the US and its served me well.

Otherwise for fly fishng I use a Hardy cap as they have a really good wide and cuved peak to them.

In the winter though its a thinsulate watch-cap which is a nice warm hat.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I usually wear one of the multitude of baseball caps that I own. I do also have an American felt pack hat that I bought for going down the Grand Canyon. It sometimes comes out to play if it's really sunny and I don't mind looking a bigger berk that normal.:eek:;):D

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I usually wear one of the multitude of baseball caps that I own. I do also have an American felt pack hat that I bought for going down the Grand Canyon. It sometimes comes out to play if it's really sunny and I don't mind looking a bigger berk that normal.:eek:;):D

Well Sam, and I thought you were going to tell us that you wore some kind of army surplus nuclear bomb proof type head gear with night vision optics fitted (with polarized lenses of course!) LOL!

I have a very good selection of ''fishing brand'' base ball caps but my favourite one is a Fox Airtech cap, super cool looking with a large and well shaped curved brim.

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
I bought an olive coloured lightweight waterproof bush hat the other week (from the RSPB of all places). Havent used it yet though.

I lost a white floppy brim cricket hat years ago, but that was favourite in the sun

sam vimes

Reaction score
Well Sam, and I thought you were going to tell us that you wore some kind of army surplus nuclear bomb proof type head gear with night vision optics fitted (with polarized lenses of course!) LOL!

I tend to avoid wearing issue stuff like the plague. I do have an issue Goretex peaked hat with lug flaps that might play out if the weather is really poor. However, if it's bad enough to need that I'd generally prefer to stay in bed.;)

silvers

Reaction score
my latest lucky (and very tatty) baseball cap. For years it was a tri-cast that Steve Toone gave me at the first NEC angling show ..... when that fell apart I moved on to a musto sailing one with a leash and croc clip for windy weather. That is also now nearing end of life!

I have longish hair, so in the summer I just turn my collar up to protect neck from the sun (along with factor 50).

In the winter I'll either pull the hood on my fibre pile one piece over, or wear a wool beanie over the baseball cap. Only fish daytime.

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Most of the year a brushed cotton (well it was once!) hat with a wide stiff brim. It replaced an old Drizabone about 10 yrs ago. Keeps the sun and rain off me and provides a good shade for the polaroids. Sometimes a baseball hat when fly fishing and a thinsulate beanie type hat on the coldest days in winter.

I never fish without a hat. (slap head!)

Stu

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
An old pair of tights with one leg hanging down my back in summer then wrap the spare leg round my neck like a scarf in winter :).

terry m

Reaction score
I wear a 'Barmah' kangaroo leather hat when the weather is hot,keeps the sun off your neck,or any old baseball cap in normal conditions,mainly for glare reasons.

I bought a fold flat Barmah on my first trip to Sydney, it is excellent for the summer. In winter an Esox fleecy hat keeps my swede warm.