A Perfect Sunset At Colingham.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks Danie,

I took the shot, but after a very blank day on the bank, I'd have given anything to be the subject rather than the photographer! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

My mate Jim has a well-deserved reputation for catching when the going is tough.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Sorry, cockerney-speak: Titfer = tit for tat = hat.

The one pictured is wide-brimmed enough to help polaroids work, but without a "hard" outline. Tasty!

Reaction score
Lol! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Sorry Alan, all the 'cockerney' I ever learnt was from **** Van 'Bleedin' Dyke and his chim-chimerneys/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Tell you what ****y, I don't often 'wax lyrical', but to me there's afantastic sense oftranquility within that photo !!!

S

sash

Couple of foot on it from the looks of the waterline ****y?

They come close all day and year 'round Alan though you wouldn't know it by watching the vast majority of anglers. Depends on the swim fished and level of bankside disturbance too of course.

Y

yoggy

Cracking ****ie. I love sunset photographs.

I have a few of the Fens where you can see from one horizon to the next!!

Reaction score
Thanks chaps,

TBH as a photographer you have to do very littleto geta greatpic when mother nature puts on that kind of display. Jim made the shot by catching a beautiful bream at the apex of the lightshow.

We were gobsmacked by that sunset for over an hour...

It just kept on getting better and better and better.It's times like that when catching is totally secondary to the experience;you feel alive andrealise whyyou fish /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Lungi-Jim

Reaction score
It really was an incredible sunset -thanks for the pic dic. Yes, I was fishing close in all day - thanks for the advice on that one Swordsy. The hat? Well, fasion also has been my guru...he he he....

Jim

Danie Oosthuizen

Reaction score
STill need to keep busy on the bank, helps with the sleepnig problem behind the rods .... ha ha. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif