floating dog biscuit groundbait

Lord Paul

Reaction score
What ho Chaps

I've just been in the old tackle garage and seen half a bag of mixers from last Summers floater fishing for carp. And it got me thinking - what if I ground some of these down in a blender, added a bit of water and made a groundbait- Would it float and draw carp in to my swim without feeding them - then introduce the floating hook bait.

Anyone tried this?

Also mightthis be added to a normal groundbait mix to get the fish off the bottom?

Tally ho

Lord Paul

Reaction score
just pulling your plonker--- I meanleg mate

But I'll be trying this Summer - the bath idea sounds like a way toget the deaf anddumb breakfast to me

Lord Paul

Reaction score
When she's not speaking to you cause you've done something (god knows what)and she's giving you the silent treatement.

can be a blessing with my wife

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Matt you lucky sod - care to wife swap for the week so I canput my bait in her bath?

R

Roto Fryer 1

grind them up and add whatever and some liquid &it will sink: the only reason they float is because they are full of air.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Way back, someone (Dave Collyer, I think) wrote about tipping a bag of plain crumb onto a swim in a carp pond, then going walkies - returning to find carp hoovering the surface film for crumbs, and catchable on crust. GO FOR IT! The problem will be getting it in, dry. Pole cup, prevailing winds, and the spreading effect of surface tension should help.

B

Bully

It will sink as Roto says, full of air tis the reason they float.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Another of my great angling inventions gone - any way Matt back to your wife a the bath of groundbait - cam you post some pic?