Pet Loves, what's yours?

P

Peter Waller

No, nothing to do with pet sheep. Pet Loves as opposed to Pet Hates!

The things I like most about angling:-

The Camaraderie that exists between most anglers.

Carp Anglers who don't mind having the 'P' taken out of their Bivvy Socks etc.!

M

Malcolm Bason

Pet loves - people who DON'T take the piss out of carpers bivvie socks etc.! I don't wear em, but this does get a bit tiring!

Cameraderie - yeah I experienced that once!

S

Stuart Bullard

My centre pin, any fast clear river and the peace and solitude. I prefer fishing on my own, although I do enjoy group sessions as well.......

Thats what I love. What I really appreciate is the all the advice given by people such as Gary, Rik etc when there isn't really anything in it for them.......as opposed to the complete *@?!!@'s on one of my local lakes who, when I was first learning, would deliberately point me in completely the wrong direction.

C

Carp Angler

and I enjoy the thanks I get when I give good, meaningful advice.

I really enjoy writing my articles and will continue to do so, as long as I have something worthwhile to write.

R

Robert Draper

I must admit that I do enjoy both giving advice to newcomers (when it is in my sphere of knowledge) and recieving good advice from the decent anglers out there. I also like venues which are not run by any specific interest group so that you can fish for silvers & bronzes, predators or carp using any method you like without getting stick from someone or other. If I ever find one I will be a happy bunny indeed.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Sitting back watching the sun go down on a warm summers night while out doing what i love most, bream fishing. The anticipation, liners that drive you mad, bream rolling on the baits, the wait, is it going to happen. I love it.

R

Ron Clay

Getting the big roach going on a river.

That first rush of a good barbel.

Tench bubbles next to your float.

The sight of a trout taking your dry fly.

The flicker of your line as a big bucket mouth bass chomps your plastic worm.

In fact everything about fishing.

P

Paul Williams

Walking in to a warm house that smells of lovely cooking food after a cold but succsessful winters days fishing.....as far as i can remember anyway!!

R

Ron Clay

Walking into a warm pub that smells of stale fags and spilt beer after a cold but succesful days fishing. Then slagging off all your fishing mates who have blanked whilst downing a pint of Smiths Magnet. lol

D

David Will

Watching Tench roll over your bait.
The fry up in the morning on an overnighter.
Watching my kids tiddler bashing.
Drop off indicator doing just that.
Liners , creates that buzz of excitement.
Three or four foot twitches from Barbel.
Planning and getting ready for a trip.

A

Andrew Thomas

Currently, it's IYCF magazine.....for drawing my name out of the hat this week in a prize draw for a Mitchell 300X reel...Hoorah!

W

Wendy Perry

Getting up at 5am and getting my flask and butties ready for a days fishing trip and i'm excited to get out there ;o)

C

Cheese Paste

When a quivertip hasn't moved for about an hour then suddenly it twitches and your heart pumps as if you've just ran a marathon. Adrenaline I think they call it.

Even if you miss the bite, it's not the end of the world. Just cast again and have another go.

T

Terry Mann

A tench lake in the very early morning with fish rolling over your bait.

A small trout stream in spring with everything looking so new and alive.

The colours of my favourite stretch of the Teme valley in autumn.

J

John Pleasance

Not falling in.

Spending a whole day in waders without going too deep.

Trotting for barbel,successfully.

A couple of jars of decent beer on the way home.

R

Richard Drayson

Waiting for the stroke of midnight on the night of June 15th. The anticipation and excitement of that moment still gets to me after fishing for 30 years.

D

disco dan

Watching my float slide away under when
fishing for tench or hearing your bobbin smack against the rod before the alarm sounds and for just being able to actually get to the bank and fish.