Hooks

Martin Cragg

Reaction score
Hi - I face the risk of exposing my naivete by asking this question and to be honest that's really all I am - just a novice.

Last year I won a whole bunch of hooks as a result of a letter to an angling magazine. The hooks that I received were, if I can put it this way 'micro hooks' (miniature) I have been out of fishing for some years due to a medical condition so I was quite amazed to see how small the hooks are. To add to my awe I then discovered with the use of a magnifying glass that there were no eyes in the hooks. All that there is a flattened end where the eye would normally be.

How on earth do you attach a fishing line to such a tiny hook?

Can someone give me an idea of hook sizes particularly in relationship to my question?

Keith M

Reaction score
What size are they? (26s,24s 22s 20s etc.). if they are this size they are for tiddler snatching in the winter when bites can otherwise be scarce and are usually tied on using a hook tyer or hand tied as Poult said. Baits would be bloodworm, Joker, squatts orpinkiesetc.

L

Laurie Harper

You may find one of those free-standing magnifiers useful (some come with an integral light), especially if the eyes aren't what they used to be...