Jim wearing his own take on Realtree with 10lb14oz barbel.jpg

Reaction score
Nice garb mate - much more appropriate - see how the barbel's dorsal fin is depressed. Bill Oddie assures us this is a typical submissive response of an animal acknowledging inferior dress sense.

Reaction score
Lol /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Sadly, the flourescent suit has now finally perished and been replaced with khaki... a sad day for fishing and the feisty but submissive barbel of the lower Severn /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Lungi-Jim

Reaction score
Posh Paul.....god that was funny....thanks...best laugh i've had today. You've the humourof a 'Proper Severn Boy' (said in a South Worcestershire country drawl.) Mate, you ever wanna a crack at some Severn beasts, give either me of ****ie a message.

Jim

B

Bill Cox

Just shows how much we really need all that overpriced camo crap.

Lungi-Jim

Reaction score
Camo.....he he he.....not on flooded Severn. I want to be found if I start floating (or sinking) down the river...

Reaction score
Which you do have a bit of a record for...

Please don't do it again, you are sooo lucky to be alive.

See you Friday bro.../forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

norbert darby

Reaction score
i was fortunate enough to see one of jims "dips" as i call them. the fact that he nearly died doesnt come into it!

we were out with some of the uptonupon seven chaps, in ther very nice sea fishing boat, going about a spot of zander and piking. fortunately, this vessel was designed for force 10 gales, and 20 foot waves, so a mere 10 foot on the seven in sub zero temperatures didnt bother us.

untill.....

after a particularly sparse session,(one small z between 3 of us) we headed back towards the kings head pub.(a fantastic fishing fans pub) freezing cold, with icickles frozen on various body parts, we came across a small problem. a log.

this was no normsal log, but a beast intent on hitting the prop as hard as it could. said log knocked the drive shaft out of the gear box. group fear set in. we were in spitting distance of the mooring, outside the pub. graham the land lord was waiting there for us to throw him a rope. his fairly rotund figure, began to get smaller, as we headed of backwards down the river crapping our selves.

ive been caught in rip tides surfing before, but this scared the life out of me.

the quick thinking land lord ran towards us, and threw a rope. to cut a story short, jim jumped. not to a firm bank, but to a floating pontoon, about a foot wide, and 6 foot out from the bank. his footing was rubbish, and in he went. under he goes, only to emerge about 15 feet down stream. the lucky chap must have reactions of a whippet,because he had a time window of about 00.5 of a second to grab the end of the landing stage, or face impending doom.

luckily(for some of us,) he managed it. by the finger tips. his legs looked like road runners , as he peddled hard in his wellies, and heavy clothing. on pulling himself out, he proclaimed out loud....

"would you belive it. its not even cold!"

liar!

how we all laughed in the pub while he shivered his tits off! thanks to brilliant local rowan,he had some dry clothes, and ahot shower.

just goes to show..... carefull all. floods are dangerous. even if your on a trawler.

if anyone has any more storries on jims dunkings, i would love to hear them! after all, he is one of the most spacially un aware people i have ever met, very clumbsy, and a dam fine and dedicated fisherman/ idiot!!! rsvp. bye all