Contact Lenses for Cool Anglers

C

Cakey

hahaha ......love it

I gone though the glasses stuff for 40 years with astigmatism which isreally bad in my left eye

I have to wear them all the time so I end up sleeping in them a lot

I wish I could have contacts so that I could wear some of those flash sunglasses !

S

Shrek

I've thought about going down this route too, but also wondered about laser eye surgery as well.

Anyone had that done and care to comment?

Keith M

Reaction score
Iwas told by my optitionthat long sighted people (people who wear reading glasses but can see better at distance) are not as suited to the laser eye surgery as short sighted people.

So my wife can have it done but I can't.

So I would also like to hear from anyone whos long sighted and still had it done to see what their 'view' is.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Excellent article Mark.

I was once asked what caused the 'rut' on the bridge of my nose, "Glasses" I replied.

"Have you tried contact lenses ???"

"No" says I, "You can't get enough lagerin a contact lens ???"

If Malc Bason still looks in, I think he had his done for long-sightedness.

W

Wolfman Woody

"So I would also like to hear from anyone who's long sighted and still had it done t<u>o see what their 'view' is</u>"

Very funny, Keith, deliberate Freudian slip?

-----------------------------

Good piece Mark and also very funny. Being an inventive sort of person I may have solved your problem of loosing contacts and then not being able to find them until you have your contacts in again. First of all, it does pay to have a very bright blue/white LED torch as contacts seem to show up better in the beam.

However, so as not to lose them in the first place, superglue a piece of 3lbs nylon to the edge of a contact. Cut off 18inches or so of line and superglue the other end to the other contact. Once you have inserted your contacts, put the nylon around your neck (as you would with the string for glasses) and when a lens drops out, it hangs down in front of you. All you have to do is feel for the 3lb line and on the end will be your lens.

You might find blinking a little uncomfortable, but if you're going to complain at every turn then suffer you moaning b*gg*r! It's the last time I shall offer you any free advice.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
I've worn contact lenses for a few years but I've noticed that now glassess give me better vision when reading - I asked my optician and was told it's due to my age - the contact will be ok for distance but close up I'll need reading glassess before to long

G

Ged

Great article.

When first reading this article, I had my normal distance glasses on, great Ultralight pair, when I read the first sentance, I noticed a mark on my glasses. I took them of! Guess what happened next?

They fell in half in my hand.. Is this an Omen?

W

Wolfman Woody

I've always needed a cheapo pair of reading glasses to use as well as the contacts. The contacts correct the long sight to some extent, but if they were any stronger I wouldn't be able to see normally.

However, I just buy these reading glasses you get off the rack for a about £7 (some do three pairs for £5, but I like stylish ones.) That's all you need although Vision Express (who I have my contract with) wanted to sell me some for £179 - that do exactly the same as a £10 pair.

I can only wear my contacts for 10 hours per day, but my daughter wears some all the time, sleep as well. She only takes them out 4 times a month for a quick clean and pops them straight back in again. I can't have those.

/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif Apparently, my tear ducts don't work too well.

C

Cakey

can I have contacts ?????

right eye sph=0000 cyl= +200 axis= 015

left eye sph=0025 cyl= +200 axis= 155

W

Wolfman Woody

All contacts come in is spherical power, mine are Left 1,5 and right 2.75.

The other main consideration is diameter.

Seems your right eye is spot on other than cylinder and axis and your left eye is just slightly under power, but 0.25 is nowt. You sure you need glasses?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Can you give me a diagnosis please Woody ??

Distance

Right eye Sph 625 Cyl 050 Axis 95

Left eye Sph 650Cyl 025Axis 85

Near Add 225

C

Cakey

Woody ....I can see without my glasses but slightly out of focus which I was told is the astigmatism

W

Wolfman Woody

Look, I'm a NOT a bloody quack. I can only refer to the elements I know of.

Ed, buy a pair of 12x50 binoculars and a tube of superglue. You might need some scaffolding to hold them up, but a resourceful man like you in Liverpool, say no more.