Fishing footwear

sagalout

Reaction score
Winter - sundridge hotfoots
Summer - walking boots or those french sandals things ferlip ferlop.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I'm pretty much with Skee Tex, depending on conditions/terrain I use their barbel boots (am I allowed to say that?;))most of the year, the moon boots in very cold conditions if no yomping is involved and the field boots in the colder months if I mobile.
Jerry

watatoad

Reaction score
Usually Loake or Chatham deck shoes, summer and winter although in very muddy or deep snow conditions, wychwood solace field boots.

silvers

Reaction score
I like to stand in the water to fish if I can

spring/autumn - old pair of leather walking boots if I'm not going to be wading
summer canal - cheap trainers
summer river - waders (le chameau .... most expensive i've ever bought but lovely)
winter wading - neoprene waders (shakespeare cheapies)
winter not wading - mukluks boots

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
My feet sweat like Billyo in muck boot derwents in cold weather. Neoprene doesn't breath so expect sweaty feet in any muck boot. Still comfy though.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Are the ones that you wear like neoprene wellies? As I bought a pair of this type and have been disapointed with them, unlike the other Korum products which I have.

Korum stuff seems pretty good - what was wrong with the boots I was thinking of getting some for the winter ?

In the summer its open toed sandals for me ( No socks I am not that old ) but I now have a sandal tan mark.

terry m

Reaction score
i am a SkeeTex convert too.

In the winter it is the SkeeTex fleece lined wellies, spring and autumn its the SkeeTex field boots. During the summer like others it is out with the extremely tatty old trainers.

When on a proper session in the summer, I take along the Green Crocs as they are quick to jump into during the night.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Korum stuff seems pretty good - what was wrong with the boots I was thinking of getting some for the winter ?

In the summer its open toed sandals for me ( No socks I am not that old ) but I now have a sandal tan mark.

The first pair that I tried on in the shop the neoprene liner split, they are not particularly comfortable, the inner liners ruck up under the soles of your feet when you walk and they make your feet sweat with or without thin socks. I wish that I had bought a pair of those Muckboots that Matt recommended as I have heard some good things about them.

Stuthebroo

Reaction score
I bought a pair of Muckboot Tays and they are very comfortable. I use them every day for walking my dog. On the bank I tend to wear waders anyway as my local river is a veritable jungle of nettles but I'm considering using the Muckboots. Tays have a great sole with plenty of grip but have heard they suffer on very grassy banks.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
The first pair that I tried on in the shop the neoprene liner split, they are not particularly comfortable, the inner liners ruck up under the soles of your feet when you walk and they make your feet sweat with or without thin socks. I wish that I had bought a pair of those Muckboots that Matt recommended as I have heard some good things about them.

Thanks , you saved me on that one.