Boschkop Vaal mei 06.jpg

• Thread starter Evan NotMightyAtAll
  • Start date
E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

Nice pic, but we really miss our Ron to give us the full commentary on it....

Danie Oosthuizen

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's. The picture was taken with a FujiS5000.The fishing was slow so i take a couple of shots every now and then. Happy fishing!!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

What canI say? Lovely memories of long weekends fishing with good friends catching carp, yellowfish and mudfish.

Will never forget the times as depicted when the sun went down and we got the braai going with wors, sosaties and chops, washed down with ice cold Castles from the coolbox.

And just as you were about to bite into a lekker bit of boerewors, the reel screamed as yet another carp hooked itself on the bolt rig, although we didn't call them bolt rigs then.

But heck it could rain at Vaal dam too. I've often had to have to local farmer drag me out with his tractor.

Nice picture Danie.

Bly lekker en totsiens.

Ron

The Monk

Reaction score
rocker.gif

Rock on

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Ou Maat,

I first started fishing Vaal Dam in 1968, a year after I arrived in SA. In those days I had a VW Beetle, glass rods and a scout tent. On some of the stretches of Vaal Dam we fished, we hardly ever saw another human, never mind an angler. It was like trekking into Darkest Africa.

However I saw plenty of snakes, the birdlife was incredible, we caught plenty of fish, including carp to 15 kg, yellows to 10 kg, muddies to 2 kg,and we had lots of fun.

I wonder what it's like now?

Danie Oosthuizen

Reaction score
Still lots of fun, but it is very over developed as one after the other resorts close only to become gholf estates. carp are now more to 5kg and yellows 2kg althuogh the mudfish still grow to 2kg. Yellows are scares and poor water quality leads to less fish of quality!