Best tacke brand

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If I was going to choose one brand I would have to say Drennan, why? Because they have supplied the angling public with the most well thought-out products and the best customer service bar none for nearly 50 years. Thankyou Peter.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Hmmm... I like Drennan rods but strangely they are the only ones that have ever broken on me. Drennan floats are simply the best and a lot of the "bits" are very good too but I do like Korum accesories

Reel wise I prefer Daiwa over Shimano though I am also a big fan of the top of the range Okuma's.

Luggage wise its Chub or TFG for me...yes,TFG. I think some of their luggage is superb.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
For rods I don't have a favourite brand. When I need a new rod I buy whichever one feels best when I try it in the shop. For reels I tend to prefer Daiwa, but again I won't let that stop me buying another make if I feel it's better value or better for the task I need it for.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Drennan for most bits - Shimano for f/s reels - most of my rods are Harrison/Normark/Preston - luggage, the old Fox Evolution range and Cotswold Aquarius.
Jerry
Oh, I like Hardy's stuff too, I have one of their castle and fly caps:wh

terry m

Reaction score
I don't think one manufacturer has nailed all aspects, so by the nature of the variety of kit, there will be a variety of best brands:-
Century, Shimano, Delkim, Trakker, Korda and Korum all figure.

skullsat

Reaction score
for me daiwa,north western and tri cast,all the early stuff,simply because they've lasted me all these years without fail,and shimao reels.