fishing trousers

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Always Jeans! I know that they are rubbish in the wet but I've always worn them fishing and probably always will.

I have a pair of Sundridge bib and braces that I wear over them on the coldest winter days, but still jeans it is.

Stu

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
ewok1234? Am i seeing things? Ive only had two beers?

I didnt know you can change your username? I could do with doing that as chub_on_the_block is a bloody pain to type in.

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Combats in summer. In winter its normally Simms fleece joggers topped by either Craghopper Kiwi fleece lined trousers or an ESP Bib & brace depending on how cold/windy it is. Typically it would be the Simms under the ESP...I do like the extra bit of windproofing the bib & brace offers.

bub81

Reaction score
Sallopettes.

Brilliant.

Designed to keep your warm at the top of the Alps, and keep snow and ice out when you are tumbling down, so not just warm, but cosy when fishing in cool or cold weather. Light and unrestrictive. Plus, if you wear thermals under those things, its like wearing an electric blanket.

Usually heavily discounted in TKKmax end of winter/early spring.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And I thought it was only me, I could have written that last post.

In the summer I wear zip off trousers, and have a pair of lightweight Gortex German army over trousers for if it gets nasty.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Sallopettes.

Brilliant.

Designed to keep your warm at the top of the Alps, and keep snow and ice out when you are tumbling down, so not just warm, but cosy when fishing in cool or cold weather. Light and unrestrictive. Plus, if you wear thermals under those things, its like wearing an electric blanket.

Usually heavily discounted in TKKmax end of winter/early spring.

Thats a good idea - thanks

maceo

Reaction score
Another vote for jeans.

There's nothing like 'em for soaking up all the fish slime, mucus, maggot juice etc. from your hands before you eat your sandwiches.

A couple of quick rubs down the legs from thigh to knee and you're ready to dine.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Another vote for jeans.

There's nothing like 'em for soaking up all the fish slime, mucus, maggot juice etc. from your hands before you eat your sandwiches.

A couple of quick rubs down the legs from thigh to knee and you're ready to dine.

Plus my two dogs give me a lovely welcome home.

loggerhead

Reaction score
Another vote for Craghoppers in summer. Firstly, they keep out the harmful suns rays and secondly, they dry extremely quickly especially when I've had to go in the drink either intentionally to net a fish or accidentally when I've slipped. LOL Oh, and they're very lightweight and comfortable too.