• I have dedicated a lot of time to becoming a really proficient angler

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Bob Nudd carries my tackle box for me , I am Jimi Hendrix

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Being called a happy splodger recently really struck a chord with me , I take no offense with the phrase at all ,being happy is what we all want.

Having dealt with some of the fishing elite , and the not so elite , but only on forums , its interesting just how very good some people are.

Now mainly fishing Commies I have seen some anglers , fishing like Jimi Hendrix and pulling out fish after fish in the middle of the day when the rest of us are blanking , and even had that resistable urge to walk round and push them in.

Please rate yourself , honestly , as an angler , competition ignored - might be interesting ?

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
I have dedicated a lot of time to becoming barely competent .... nope, can't find it.
Edit: as I seldom use feeders, I shall elbow my way into level 3.
Oh, I'm not alone - hi, chaps!

Last edited:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Used to be ace, the Rolls Royce of anglers. did everything right, always caught fish, played them perfectly and was very proud of how I fish. Then I met a woman, every day she tells me I never do anything right; I am useless so, consequently I am just a gibbering wreck now. Cant fish at all.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
108 views but only 12 clicks ?

I deliebrately did not enable the track who has voted what option , but now I am curious whose tackle Bob Nudd is carrying.

cg74

Reaction score
I'm finding it impossible to vote as I fit every option in fairly equal proportions, except I'm certainly not Hendrix.

I've been know to lose 9 feeders in a day whilst trying to cast it a whole 10 yards. Next day catch 150lb+ of barbel as all around were blanking.....

I think I'm pretty good at locating fish but s**t at getting to them.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I'm finding it impossible to vote as I fit every option in fairly equal proportions, except I'm certainly not Hendrix.

I've been know to lose 9 feeders in a day whilst trying to cast it a whole 10 yards. Next day catch 150lb+ of barbel as all around were blanking.....

I think I'm pretty good at locating fish but s**t at getting to them.

Ha Ha - too modest Colin.

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
I have dedicated a lot of time to becoming barely competent
That rings a loud bell! The only thing I would add is that the older I get, the better I was!

By the way Bob, leave the tackle over there! (in my dreams, Purple Haze all in my brain).

Stu

Last edited:

noknot

Reaction score
When you catch a 20+lbs Carp in the 1980's in the winter on a difficult water on my second only session, and Kevin Maddocks took two seasons, Nuff said:w

barbelboi

Reaction score
Reflecting on Colin's post - it's very easy to loose many feeders/weights in a session if fishing a weirpool where the underwater features are constantly changing. On other days, on the same pool you may not loose one - certainly not down to a skill factor or lack of it IMO.
Jerry
PS What was Maddocks fishing for at the time Kev:D;)

A

alan whittington

The main reason there's a lot of hits,but not many poll participitants is modesty and embarassment,as its not up to the individual to say how good or bad he/she is,but up to others to mark your card,if it was a 1-10 rating without the possible comical inference,there may also may have been more participants...we're all pants.:wh:D

bennygesserit

Reaction score
The main reason there's a lot of hits,but not many poll participitants is modesty and embarassment,as its not up to the individual to say how good or bad he/she is,but up to others to mark your card,if it was a 1-10 rating without the possible comical inference,there may also may have been more participants...we're all pants.:wh:D

Yes I agree. It was a serious thread but the posting was slightly alcho fuelled.

Out of 10 i would be a 4 , i'm usually good at most things i do but fishing is so diverse and requires more thought than I imagined.

A

alan whittington

Ive noticed that ive got less successful in the last 10-15 years,i fish well enough(imo),but as ive got older i dont work as hard to catch and just grin and bear it,that said my PB's are'nt bad.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I wouldn't let Nuddy anywhere near my tackle.........

Ooooer missus!

Just in case he said lava of the house fly.

I do like Bob Nudd's videos , except they are mostly him saying "oh look ive caught already"