A nice little find!

C

Cliff Hatton 2

Went to a boot-sale around 10 years ago and paid £2 for a shoe-box filled with ancient angling odds and ends. No reels or anything substantial - just bits of old tat too numerous and tangled to sort out there on the spot. Back at home, I found the box to contain a curious-looking float: black, dumpy, and with a rounded glass tip seemingly filled with a powder ( I say 'seemingly' because the hollow glass tip was packed...there was no 'shaking-space') I guessed it may have been some 1940s attempt at a home-made luminous float and tried 'charging' it with a touch; that done, I dashed into my tackle cupboard and pulled the door shut - Eureka! It shone! Faintly, but shine it did!

I took the float to show Medlar Press's Jon Ward-Allen at the carp-society's bash at Sandown Park last month, and he immediately recognised it as a float depicted in Keith Harwood's 'THE FLOAT' (Medlar Press) Get this..........it was made in 1880!

F

Fred Bonney

with a touch of what Cliff?/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
"Get this..........it was made in 1880!"

probably time to buy a new one then Cliff?/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

"it was made in 1880!"

Hmmm, hardly "cutting edge" technology now, but proves once again, it's all already been done.