'Angler's Night' on behalf of BLUEBELL WOOD CHILDREN'S HOSPICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ian Cloke

This is posted on behalf of john Preen

Hi all you lads out there. This is my first post on the Forum and it is for something close to my, and many other hearts.
I am holding an 'Angler;s Night' on behalf of BLUEBELL WOOD CHILDREN'S HOSPICE which is a Charity for kids with life limiting illnesses and we have to raise nearly 2 million a year to keep the Hospice going.
We have already raised nearly 5 million to build the place all through the generous public donations and Charity Events as we get nothing from the Lottery etc.
The full details are shown below and I hope I can interest many of you lads, on the forum, to attend.
It's only £3 which lets be honest is very cheap for a great night out with top class stars attending.

South Yorkshire Police Angling Club (www.sypac.co.uk) in conjunction with ‘BLUEBELL WOOD CHILDREN’S HOSPICE Presents

‘ANGLER’S NIGHT’

Featuring: MAVER ‘BARNSLEY BLACKS’

WEDNESDAY 30th JANUARY 2008
at

S. Y. POLICE SPORTS CLUB, NIAGARA,

NIAGARA ROAD, WADSLEY BRIDGE, SHEFFIELD. S6 1LU

COMMENCING 7-30pm
(DOORS OPEN 6-30pm)

TICKETS £3
(all proceeds will go to ‘BLUEBELL WOOD CHILDREN’S HOSPICE)

Appearing will be:

Mr Experience - DENIS WHITE

Denis has a wealth of angling knowledge and experience, which is essential when designing tackle like rods and poles. If the action of a rod prototype needs changing it is invariably Denis who gets the change right, first time. A former international who has represented his country 17 times, it’s impossible to find any angler with more knowledge of the sport and has a major imput in Maver ‘ Barnsley Blacks’

JAMIE MASSON

Jamie is a full- time angler and qualified PAA coach. He is the winner of the coveted titles ‘UK Champion’ and
‘Ultimate Final Champion’ and he is widely recognised for his talent on commercial fisheries. His expertise has assisted in developing a number of accessories, including the new ‘Match This’ hook range, pole floats and Dual Core elastic. His talent has already been recognised by the Maver ‘Barnsley Blacks’ and his membership adds serious talent to an already impressive squad.

ANDY KINDER

Andy has worked as a Sales Representative for Maver for a number of years and fishes at the top level every week with Maver ‘Barnsley Blacks’. His constant contact with retailers and top anglers enables him to spot tackle trends as they develop.

THE SHOW WILL BE COMPLETED WITH:

MAVER POLE ALLEY (all the latest poles),
T RADE STANDS,
MEGA RAFFLE DRAW

TICKETS CAN BE OBTAINED ON THE NIGHT OR IN ADVANCE FROM:
NIAGARA SPORTS CLUB ( 0114 2964945) or JOHN PREEN on 0114 2876330

COME AND ENJOY A GREAT NIGHT IN SUPPORT OF A WONDERFUL CHARITY

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

Sounds worthwhile, sorry I am too far away to attend. Good luck.

I

Ian Cloke

A great night was had by all, and it raised over £1,600 for a VERY worthy cause.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Yes Ian. Iwill second that. A good night all round in that i met up with a few old" old being the operative word" that i havnt seen or heard from for years so as well as a good night with the stars it had for me an added bonus.

The fact that is was also a financial success for the charity made it even more worthwhile.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Oops I missed out the word friends in referring to my old pals./forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

I

Ian Cloke

A message from John Preen..We held our final event on Wednesday night, in Sheffield, and when we get everything in that's been promised it looks like we have raised over £5000 which is way above what we anticipated.

Without your generosity these kids would really struggle as I have said before we have to raise nearly £2 million to keep the Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice running each year

YOUR ALL GREAT STARS

preeny

Status
Not open for further replies.