Tench - A nice armful

• Thread starter Evan NotMightyAtAll
  • Start date
E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

What the hell ???? Artificial arms ? 'Cos there's no way real ones are that long.....

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

The little finger on his left hand is too far away from his other fingers. Either that or his todger is hanging out.

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

I reckon they're all really just halfpound a fish and the artificial arms have been pushed waaaaay close to the camera to claim some sort of award by froggy trickery.....

Those are plainly Barbie Doll fingertips, her plastic hands nicked off of the limited edition 'dirty fishwife' model.... completely wrong size and an illusion.

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

I think Baz may be right, that's a tiny todger tip - leaving only three fingers on either hand ! So definitely doll's hands.... or is it Homer Simpson wearing a false beard and wig ? We should be told....

BarryC

Reaction score
Glad it appears to be a made up pick or else you need your backside kicking holding such great fish (or any fish) like that. One flick of one tail and they're all over the place. The long grass is no excuse.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Good fish them Ed, you were a lot younger then mate 35?. Love thepic with the ginger beard, was that on Oz?.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Are these the Tench what are known as the doctored fish?

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

Go on Ed, tell us the weights.... just so I can have an apoplectic fit of jealousy before bedtime....

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

8lbs 7ozs

8lbs 4ozs

7lbs 13ozs

7lbs 7ozs

The unhooking mat- a home made one ,I don't think you could buy them in those days,was just in front of me --you can just see the corner of it- and there were two friends standing either side while Graham took the picture

F

Fred Bonney

Ah but Barryc, things weren't quite the same in 1949,when Ed was a 20 year old /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

E

Spiders ....... That ginger Cap't Birdseye picture was on the 'front' at Os......

F

Frothey

Barry C - ever seen some of the pics of Hutchies redmire captures?

Cracking that Ed /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Ed re the TOP TIP. I wasn't having a dig mate. Just my sense of humour suggesting your arms make a perfect unhooking mat. I suppose if it was funny I shouldn't have to explain really....er...bye

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
I suppose we're lucky you did'nt mention being covered in Tench Poo /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

That was a corker Matt about the mat Matt

E

I remember beingsoaking wet from the water they poured over the fish -- with me underneath them ....

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

Two double figure braces over 15 lbs each at the same time.... Four fish for over 31 lbs.

Never heard of anyone equalling that, let alone bettering it. Bloody good, worth getting some wet knees for. No wonder you turned into a frog.

Can feel the blood pressure rising to beyond 200..... must stagger off to bed, can't.... focuss..... red mist of jealous desire........................... aaaaargh.