Fish thieves may have had their chips

BITTY

Reaction score
This is a big step forward ... but ultimately it can't be enforced. How do you know if the fishery owner has been involved ? It could be anyone that has stolen and stocked the fish in the lake - you cannot prosecute an owner unless you can prove he bought the fish ... and that will be nigh on impossible

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I think you'll find that the fishery owner is responsible for his fishery ......... and anything that happens there

Mithrandir

Reaction score
I wonder how many people would break into a fishery, steal carp, break into another fishery to stock them without the owners consent, then pay to fish there?

Does seem like this quest for the "Big Fish" is spawning a new breed of nutter.

Next we will have a travelling circus of nutters scouring the press and internet for reports of big fish and then trying to take over the water to catch them.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Happened in the mid 70's Mith...........of course it can't be proved now but "names" were involved.

E

A lot of waters were stocked from a certain clubs 'prolific' carp fishery somewhere in Shropshire .......

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

The movement of fish in the 70's can be due to anythingfrom overenthusiasm to pure greed and self importance.

But it gnaws at me that some who took part now don their halo and preach against it!!....but they have to have something to write about eh?

Yes, i moved fish in the 70's, usually from overstocked lakes to "new" lakes, but only ever silvers, roach, perch, skimmers etc.................but never ever for profit, just over enthusiasm, but plenty of kids fished those waters later on.

BITTY

Reaction score
Fish go wandering in Northampton all the time. Benson turned up in a well known fishery owners lake. Was he prosecuted ?

E

Maybeit was in a non smoking lake ........

hannah griffiths

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm making a BBC documentary about crime in Wales. One subject I am covering is fish theft.I'm interested in speaking to any fisheries, or anybody, who has experienced theft of coarse fish from fisheries. Please contact me on 02920 022616, or reply to this post.

Many thanks

Hannah

E

EC

Hannah, your best bet is to start a new thread, introduce yourself and tell everyone what you are about!