Walking the walk for barbel.

Deanos

Reaction score
Right then, I unashamedly have three people who inspire me to get off my backside, think about my angling, and have put up excellent information that has helped me so much, a bit of hero worship if you like, and no apologies for it.

Sean, a brilliant article, I hope its a bit of a payoff for you to know how much your barbel articles have helped me to put fish on the bank, and also think about what I am doing andbreak old habits. Keep penning you stuff, a big thank you. How lucky are people like me that get to see articles with top information and pictures that the likes of yourself have taken so much trouble to put together, it is appreciated big time.

Lee Swords.When I saw the flood conditions that Lee fished in, it got me out for the first time on my local rivers when they were charging through, and I caught! Last week when the gales were blowing, I thought, Lee is as mad as they come/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif, would he sit on his ass at home if he had the chance to fish...NOPE! So with trees splintering around me in the woods next to the river, I had my most dangerous and best days fishing EVER, the fish just kept coming, I only came home when a tree came down into the river a hundred yards away...it really was time to clear off the park then.

Matt Brown.The articles he writes (in many different publications) are brilliant and practical, I am very much learning my trade, andwhat he has written has helped give me great confidence. When there is no one to show you how to improve in person, some one who can communicate information in a clear way is the next best thing, a big thank you Matt.

Three top Northern Anglers on the Worlds best fishing site...it does not get much better than this for me.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I've not really spoken to Sean but I'll agree with you about the quality of advice from those three sources Deanos.

I've been lucky to fish with Mr Brown and Mr Swords on a couple of occasions and they are the people who don't blank when the fishing is tough!

They tweak and experiment until they winkle out that valuable bite in the most challenging conditions proving that sitting it out is not the way to angling success.

S

Sean Meeghan

Thanks guys - much appreciated.

Deanos, we'll definitely have to go on a beer and pie fest in Cas at some point /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

I'll not wear me Saints shirt though!

Deanos

Reaction score
Yep....food and fishing on me start of next season Sean, I look forward.

PS. BROWN SAUCE OR KETCHUP? /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

S

Sean Meeghan

Brown sauce. it's sacrelige to deface a nice meat and potato pie with ketchup!