Glasgow - places to go, bonfires and possibly rental?

fireiceearth

Reaction score
Me and my friends have just finished our degrees, and want some serious relaxation time, I had the idea of maybe going fishing on a sunny afternoon, then having a bonfire and cooking what we catch on the embers of the fire.

First things first, we're up in Glasgow (west end but we do have wheels), where would be a good place for utter newbies to go fishing? Would we be allowed to make a fire?

When I say utter newbies I mean that I've been a few times in my life, but not in the last 5 years (dont worry, I'd take back up food in case we don't catch anything!), and as far as I know, noone else in the group has really done it before, but you have to start somewhere, and its all in the spirit of adventure :)

On top of that, my rod is at my parent's house, I know my girlfriend has some gear, but I don't know if its in useable condition, or if there's enough for everyone. Therefore is there anywhere we could rent equipment?

Finally, if this is all possible, and we do manage to catch something... what recipes would you recommend?!

sagalout

Reaction score
Sorry to p1ss on your parade but you won't find a sunny afternoon this summer.

Seriously, you probably won't find anywhere in the UK where you can have a bonfire and cook what you caught. There I've said it, that will probably bring a thousand contradictions down on my head :eek:

bennygesserit

Reaction score
You could maybe do it with mackerel on the coast ?
If you do learn the grinner knot otherwise get used to seeing your lures flying out to see.