where do you keep yours

New Kid

Reaction score
Not been fishing for a few weeks due to Flu.When i came to look in my holdall i found that something had got into it and had eaten some of my tackle ie woolly hat, jumper, hood off my suit etc.I keep the holdall on top of my box which is on my trolley.I guess it was a mouse cos i found a hole in one of the side pockets going into the main compartment.Any ideas how to prevent this happening again. Could it have been something else?

New Kid

Reaction score
Michael, We have had cats for years.Sadly the last one died last year aged 19.We wont get another one cos as we are in our 60s we dont think it would be fair.Also what we save on cat food goes towards my fishing.

Reaction score
Mice got into my store room. Three landing nets and keepnets trashed! Groundbait eaten into! Worse the little darlings had also got into my rugby and cricket kit bags, holey rugby shirts, holey cricket whites and all the stuffing taken out of my batting pads!!!!!

8 dead mice later the problem stopped!!! Not been seen since and I have four permanently armed mouse traps in store room - sort of mouse trident submarine deterrent -and my son has a snake which is fond of little mice!!!

F

Fred Bonney

Definitely mice,made a nice hole in the lining of my Sundridge suit for nesting material, and got in anywhere they could for baits.

So,everything is now in plastic buckets, and poison put down.

No recent trouble.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that New Kid. I had to put one of mine down aged 19 years and 11 months. It has to be one of the hardest things to do.

I've got another as well as the ginger, but he just looks at mice. Never ever bothered one, even when they run into him after the ginger one gets bored of playing with them.

And yes, catfood is getting very expensive and my 2 wolf it down.

Best get some mouse traps mate!

Fred, my mate has all his bait in thick plastic tubs and the little blighters still chew their way in!

Reaction score
New Kid and Michael - shared sympathy. Had to have the eldest of my two cats put down last week (aged 16). Remaining fellow is lost, constantly looking around for him - I suspect still a lot old boy's scent around.

As a pair of mousers - they were useless - probably beneath their dignity!

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Paul

Yes it's like losing a family member. People who don'town cats don't realise what charachters they are. I think the world of my 2 and will be gutted when the time comes. I hope they just fall asleep and don't wake up. A lot less stress.

I think I'll be like one of those old ladies that leaves all my estate to the cats home!

S

Steve King

Never had a problem with mice (two moggies), but had problems with larder beetles infesting boilies & pellets! Ugh horrible things! Had to lock the cats out and spray each room in turn!

It's always sad to lose a cat Paul, never forget my first cat dying on Christmas Day of all days.

F

Fred Bonney

I think I'd rather have mice ,than a p***y cat/forum/smilies/angel_smiley.gif

Reaction score
ive got a cat and a dog both get along well untill the cat feels hungry and attacks the dog . but alais my dog getting old and i am dreading it when it goes all my kids have grown up up knowing him

Joey

Reaction score
I had the same problem a few years ago, just put poison down and it has never happened since. Fingers crossed.