WELSH CARParama

B

Ben Howard

Guys,

just trying to get back into the fishing game.....haven't been near the waters edge for 6 years!!

I bought a shed load of fishing equipment last week with a friend...we've got time off work next week and want to catch GIANT CARP.....somewhere in Wales. Any suggestions for a good venue?? The more countryside and natural the place the better. Thanks guys. Happy fishing.

Benny

C

Cakey

Fished one years ago called Llyn-y-gors.
they have a site on llynygors.co.uk

K

Kevan Busby

Hi Ben, not sure where you are in Wales? Have a look around the Wrexham area, lots of day ticket fisheries with a range of fish from pasties to scraper 30's. North Shropshire has some excellent day ticket fisheries, try Blakemere at Ellesmere, ?5 per day from the garage in the town, 3 rod limit, beautiful scenery and a canal running alongside.

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Ben

You can catch decent carp, up to 30lbs, at Woodstock or Morgans Ponds, which are adjacent lakes that belong to Newport AA. They are located just off the J26 of the M4 and available on a day ticket which you can get from the on-site bailiff office.

G

GYPSY DAVE

Try Lliswerry pond in Newport on the same ticket. Caught my first "Foreign" (Welsh, guys. Not that kind of Foreign) Carp there.

S

Simon Webster

Try Llyn y Gors, near Menai Bridge (Owner Roger Thompson). Its rather heavily fished at summer weekends, but Anglesey is lovely, and the lakes are superbly looked after, the setting is idyllic, and most of the fish are pristine. Expect high doubles and the odd 20+, though I gather some 30's have been stocked in the new lake. Try it sometime, I'll sure you'll be back (PS, can I have a free season ticket Roger?). Simon