Carp waters in north west for 'shiny new boy'

J

JOHN KIRKHAM

Hi All

Just become a member on what looks like a great site! I started fishing last summer mostly on the commercials pole fishing and float fishing(rod + reel)

I am just breaking into Carp fishing and boy is there a lot of imformation to take on board(mind blowing at times) I live in St Helens and would appreciate any recomendations of places to go carping in the north west.Day ticket places would probably be best somewhere suited for the very beginner.

Would also appreciate any imformation on rigs(the easier the better at this moment)

Their is a hell of a lot of imformation out there and i would welcome any advice from you experienced anglers.

Cheers B.John

Colin W

Reaction score
hi john just sent you a message ...colin./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

gazh

Reaction score
hi mate sounds just like me , started fishing on hols last sept for first time, got myself set up when got home and have got into carp fishing big time been out a few times and caught a few but feel i started carping at wrong time of year not a single bite last 4 outings/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gifcan't wait for the better weather to arrive ( if we get any) i have loads of links to some great sites with lots of great info,when i get 5 mins tomorrow will send you a full list .

Bet your wallets a little empty since you started carping /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Gaz H

B.JOHN

Reaction score
Hi Gaz

I'm exactly the same as you i was in the father in laws caravan last summer and there was 4 ponds filled with fish so i borrowed his gear and the rest they say is history!

I have been very fortunate in the father in law has give me lots of gear the most i've had to fork out was for a shimano baitrunner.Just gradually building up tackle the weather has been crap to say the least but hopefully should pick up in a couple of months!

Cheers for the info very much appreciated good luck and 'tight lines'